Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about the 05 line of monsters coming out. I plan to buy an 04 next Jan, hopefully I'll get a good deal, but does anyone know the plans for next year's line?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
same question! Someone must have some interesting info about next years line!

O

·
0 Posts
related to this topic - when does the new year models come out generally? fall, winter, some other time?

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
My dealer told me the other day that the 2005 Monster is all new. He heard it from "source" inside the company. Not sure how reliable that is, but it could be true.

J

·
0 Posts
I talked to my dealer about the '05 models yesterday, wouldnt give me any details, but said they should be in around November. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa :p

·
Registered
392 Posts
I havn't heard a thing,

H

·
0 Posts
I heard from a Ducati insider, the only things they were changing for sure, was the shape of the tank, and the switch to an aluminum twin spar frame.

I

·
0 Posts
I heard from a Ducati insider, the only things they were changing for sure, was the shape of the tank, and the switch to an aluminum twin spar frame.
sweet, twin spar aluminum. i also heard they're switching to inline 4's ;D

O

·
0 Posts
is that when the new year models for ducati's generally come out - in the november time frame?

D

·
0 Posts
I highly doubt the frame being twin spar aluminum. I personally do not think they need to change them at all. Why mess up a good thing? I am still not sold on the pipe arrangement on the s4r yet. I do like the single sided swingarm though. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I highly doubt the frame being twin spar aluminum. I personally do not think they need to change them at all. Why mess up a good thing? I am still not sold on the pipe arrangement on the s4r yet. I do like the single sided swingarm though. Just my .02 cents.
Herb said it - you didn't take it serious did you?

mitt

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
I heard that Monster 650 will replace 620 and Multistrada 650 will be introduced... ::)
Interesting -- how reliable was the source?

It would seem a logical thing for Ducati to do to trickle down
the development they put into the 1000DS engine into lower
displacement mills.

The next step would be to build lower displacement versions
of bikes built around the 1000DS engine such as the
Multistrada 650 mentioned above. The upcoming Sport
Classics could also benefit down the road :)

D

·
0 Posts
I heard that there is some subtle cosmetic changes along some of the line-up, he also said as far as he knew the Monster is staying the same for another few years till they get the Sport Classics done. The samaller Multistrada is a possibility. The superbikes are also changing a little as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts