Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first I thought it was the battery cause it would start then die after a few seconds till finally it wouldn't even start just click. So I slow charged the battery and tried it again, this time it tried to turn over but not start and then on the second attempt same thing as before, just clicking.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to try next?

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
So I slow charged the battery and tried it again, this time it tried to turn over but not start and then on the second attempt same thing as before, just clicking.
Full-charge the battery(8hrs I think). By saying that on your 2nd attempt same thing happened(just clicking)...I guess ur battery's knackered. Have it checked or replace it if it's more than 4years in service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Full-charge the battery(8hrs I think). By saying that on your 2nd attempt same thing happened(just clicking)...I guess ur battery's knackered. Have it checked or replace it if it's more than 4years in service.
Man I really appreciate you replying, its hard nowdays to get someone to do that it seems, lol but anyway My battery is a okay. I finally got frustrated and narrowed it down to a fuel problem so I took off the gas tank to see what was up. Come to find out I had about a liter of water in the gas tank!!! Geesh, so I fixed that problem and it runs perfect now, I think I need to replace the "gas cap" seal for lack of a better term, does that make since to you? Or might it be something else thats letting water in my tank.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Or might it be something else thats letting water in my tank.
I guess your 3-year old son is playing with his plastic syringe...trying to figure out how to transfer water from a bucket to a bike tank,hehehe. I used to play with syringes by the way...making red tomatoes bloated! Now..you got me scared. I just leave my bike out in the rain if I'm too tired to put the cover right after a ride.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts