Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Ducati Monster 1000S vs Ducati Monster S4RS

I was just wondering if anyone has both or has ridden both bikes? Is there a HUGE difference performance wise? Is it something that you can only feel on the track? Just curious. I'm pretty happy with my 2005 Monster 1000S, but have been reading a lot about the Monster S4RS.
;D
Just wondering if you can feel a major difference in REAL WORLD riding?

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Haven't ridden 1000s, but have ridden sport classic with the current air cooled liter motor, and demo rode the new 1100 in the 2007 multistrada.

HUGE difference.

street riding with buddies won't be a problem, but I rode the demo route on my own bike with the demo crowd immediately after riding the other two mentioned and DAMN.

The motor is significantly different and you will feel it easily. The s4rs rolls on from 3.500 and jumps at 6K sooo much stronger than the air cooled motors.

The brakes are significantly different and you will feel it immediately. One to two finger stoppies and no longer getting your other fingers squished by the lever.

The suspension on my bike is set pretty stiff to be how I want it and the whole bike felt more immediate in its responses to my input.

I left the demo day happy to be on my own bike. Admitedly, I have the Termi DP kit on mine and that changes the motor response a little.

Demo ride one at a local dealer... many havedemos sitting on the floor. Or they'll have a new s4r testastretta with the same motor.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
One makes 95hp, the other 130...

I rode a 2004 S4R (the discontinued one) before I bought my 2004 M1000. That S4R made around 115hp and the difference was evident. However, I didn't get out of 2nd gear during the entire ride. Great bike, totally impractical for me.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
i only clicked on this thread to see if there was a poll.

=)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OT said:
One makes 95hp, the other 130...
:eek: Wow! That's a lot!
It is hard to imagine that much power. I am having all I can handle after I made the jump from 620 to 1000! I want to keep this bike forever, but I may plan to get this Big Bore kit in the future if I feel like adding a little something:

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=756
FBF Big Bore kit for Ducati DS 1000 engines
Turn your stock 1000cc Monster, Multistrada, or Sport Classic into a 1078cc screamer with this custom big-bore kit from Fast By Ferracci. These pistons were designed for maximum power across the RPM range. Expect a solid 10% increase in rear wheel horsepower. Even better results are possible with matching power commander and FBF full exhaust system.

Kit requires machine boring and re-plating of both cylinders. Fast By Ferracci can perform this service for $399 plus shipping. All shop work is done in-house by our expert machinists.

Price: $389.00

SKU: F27562

I think I have my hands full at the moment though! ;D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Let me know if you want to sell, I'm looking for a project bike...

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts