Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the new 'improved' stock 2004 monster mirrors will thread into a 2003? I would like to try them..

im "ok" with the stock ones but an improved design sounds good to me....and the aftermarket stuff im not interested in....

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
just eyeballing them between the S4R and the 2002 M620 I sold, they look the same.

and when I look in the mirror, my elbows look the same, too!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
If your 620 Dark has Goldline master cylinders, they'll fit.

That said...I've got a set of the '04 mirrors (from an S4R) on my '02 S4. They are better looking than the stockers, but honestly, that's not much of a challenge :-/. They are smaller, and a little oddly shaped, so the adjustment has to be just right. Dunno if it's just that, as I seem to need to adjust them frequently, but they may drift a little. They are just a little bit further outboard, so the view is a little better.

IMHO, a good looking, good performing set of Monster mirrors is akin to the Holy Grail.

Lots of folks here swear by the CRG bar-end mirrors, and they're beautiful pieces. I just can't deal with bar-ends.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I've been looking at the mirrors on Cagiva's V-Raptor. If the price and fit is right they could be my next mirrors. I tried an aftermarket set which were tiny and I didn't realise how much I use them in the city. I couldn't see as much and it was just dangerous. I think I'd rather be less cool and live!

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I need to replace the mirrors on my 2004 (tip over:'(). Are there any differences in the thread size based on the year? I wouldn't mind going with an older mirror, I just want to make sure it will fit on the bars. Will mirrors earlier than 2002 fit?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yes the 2004 mirror will fit your 2003. But the 2003-2004 left hand mirrors are reversed thread so the left won't fit older Monsters unless you use a left side reverse thread mirror mount.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yes the 2004 mirror will fit your 2003. But the 2003-2004 left hand mirrors are reversed thread so the left won't fit older Monsters unless you use a left side reverse thread mirror mount.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I need to put mirrors on my 2004. What year stock mirrors will fit? The Ducati catalog seems to indicate 2002-4 only.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I just don't see how you can not be interested in aftermarket mirrors. They are so cool!

I sold my stock mirrors on Ebay, and was blown away that they sold for $30.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I just don't see how you can not be interested in aftermarket mirrors. They are so cool!

I sold my stock mirrors on Ebay, and was blown away that they sold for $30.
8) Yeah, I know. But it's my wife's bike and I'm not gonna modify anything unless she initiates it. :-X

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
The 2004 mirror style is new in 04.. previous years were round. As I attempted to describe, the left hand mirror on (maybe it's 02)-04 uses reversed threading... If you/she only damaged one mirror you might as well replace it with the same thing... We have been stocking the 04 mirrors lately, give either Tim or Jon a call on Tuesday if you want a stock replacement. Hope this helps !
1 877 298-9995

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I was able to find replacement mirrors today. I picked up a pair from a 97 and they fit pretty well. The reverse threads made it a little difficult at first but the mirror stems screw into the brackets on the 04 just fine. They look totally stock (just not like an 04).

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get rid you the stock mirror idea, no matter what the year. They only show your shoulders. I got a pair of Bare bar mounted ones that work much better.

Tom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts