Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the ducati site and noticed they have specs on the 2004. It seems they got rid of the dark version and now just have one version. Looks like the sie without the windshield. Just thought it was interesting because it seems most people have the dark version

travis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Umm... the dark version only became acceptable to me when they added the second disc up front on the middleweight... anyway... I don't think they're putting the Dark version up there just yet... it took them this long to put the S4R on the page...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got this from the Ducati site

Quote:
"With two versions available: the 620 Dark with single or double front brake discs, and the 620, there's a model for every budget and ability. "

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also read that along with the 6-speed, the 620 has some kind of "slipper" clutch, for the life of me I can't find where I read this.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Technically, there are 3 versions of the 620 that I can see. Your basic 620, then your dark with dual front brakes and the dark with the single front brake. You have your choice of 2 different dark models and the standard model. Now, onto my complaint. The freakin 6th gear!! I have been in love with my bike since day 1 but have always wished I didn't have to be winding 5th gear down the street, not highways, but main streets. 65-70mph revs high in my oponion. Granted there is still a lot of room on the tach, I'm just not a fan on high rev'ing. Now after I buy mine, they add the 6th gear. I guess it could be worse though. They coulda squeezed like 75 ponies outta the engine to really piss me off! And THEN what I have yet to see anyone bring up is the NEW MIRRORS! They actually look kinda cool. No more Mousekateer ears. I will definately have to check them out when they arrive at my local dealer. Maybe I'll purchase them, they even claim more visibility. Ok, I think I'm done for now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As I mention in another post, I'm *very* new to bikes, so this might be a stupid question but would it be possible to retrofit a 6-speed gearbox onto a 2002 or 2003 620ie? Would it be feasible? Cost prohibitive?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It might be expensive but you could do it. In fact I think it's listed in the Ducati Performance catalog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts