Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to track down a 2004 620 Dark (dual-disk) in matte black for my wife. She is in love with the color, and the '04 has the new clutch & 6 speed. However, the local dealer cant find one anywhere.

Does anyone know of a dealer with one sitting on the floor? Locale shouldnt matter, they can do a dealer trade. I think :)

-Ryan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to a dealer yesterday, and he said the 04's should be getting in soon they only had some 03's left. 2 620dark ones though (one blak one silver). I know its the old clutch... :-/
In case you are interested is a BMW motorcycle dealership (dealers for Ducati and Triumph also) based in Plano, TX. I forget the name, but if you run a search for "bmw motorcycles plano" you should get it.

I'm waiting till the end of May to get my 04... trying to pay in full up front.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Actualy all US versions of the M620 for 04 are 6 speeds. We have three 04 darks on hand and one of them is in demo service so it has been into sixth...it's there.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
We have not "tried" to use the slipper portion of the clutch but the lighter pull on the lever is VERY noticable ! The slipper clutch is an aid to help new riders who get a bit hamfooted on down shifts...if downshifted too quickly not matching RPM it will prevent rear wheel lock up...

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 2 cents as an owner of an 02 m620 dark - Buy the '04. The extra money is well spent.

Unless of course you get an incredible deal on an 03, but even then....I'd buy the '04 for the gearbox and clutch.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
In the US we ONLY get the 6 speed vesions with Dual disc..
Typicaly they include all versions in the catalogs we receive in the US but trust me when I tell you that for 04 they are all six speeds in the US.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hey Ryan,
Try giving Powersports in Sand City, CA (near Monterey) a call. I've had great luck from them tracking down monsters. The number is (831) 899-7433. Ask for Troy and tell him that Cody refferred you. He's a great guy and really puts effort into locating bikes. They'll get it to you MSRP and wont' jerk you around. Let me know if you call them and what they tell you. They'll be open on Tuesday. Good luck! They have a '04 620 in stock but it's the gloss black finish. 04's looking damn sharp!

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
I checked sat, munroe motors did not have any 04 620 darks in the showroom. 03 yes, 04 620s, yes, not 04 620 darks though. a 749 dark which made my day though. that is a damned fine looking bike.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
Hi all,
I'm currently trying to track down a 2004 620 Dark (dual-disk) in matte black for my wife.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone,
Thanks very much for the replies! I have a couple leads now :)

-Ryan

·
Registered
142 Posts
O'Side Ducati does have one, but they say it's five-speed unless you go with the i.e. ???
SAve yourself a few $$$, get the '03 and just drop the front sprocket to a 14 tooth and you'll be fine. As for top end, mine will still do 120 and that's plenty when you consider Johnny Law :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I check US spec monster on www.monsterusa.com but didn't mention about "slipper clutch" at all. An OEM slipper clutch can cost over thousand dollars... hmm... I doubt it.

I want 6 speed and dark monster, therefore I go for the 800 dark which has every I (we) wanted. It is just about 10 pound more weight but about 13 more hp. If you get the 03 M800 you can enjoy the 0% for 2 years or 2.99 for 3 years special now. Think about paying $10 - $20 more every month for all upgrades, right?

However, the 749 dark is the BOMB!! even I have never like any 749/999 before. I am falling in love with it, help!!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
M620 both dark and painted versions are 6 speed in the US, regardless of what may have been printed in a buyers guide. And for 2004 the M800 does not come in a "dark" version so better snatch up an 03 if that's what you want..

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
O'Side Ducati does have one, but they say it's five-speed unless you go with the i.e. ???
SAve yourself a few $$$, get the '03 and just drop the front sprocket to a 14 tooth and you'll be fine. As for top end, mine will still do 120 and that's plenty when you consider Johnny Law :D
Hey Mrg2k, are you talkin' O'side california?? I live there

I almost bought that bike..hehe, got the '03 instead got a better deal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts