Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

2003 R6 Trade

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Retro 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in trading their S4 for a 2003 R6 with full Ti Graves Race exhaust, power commander, double bubble, flushmounts, integrated radar, etc....

#3 ·
Ahhhh...No.

:-X :-X :-X

#16 ·
FWIW, from the same magazine, so the numbers are as comparable as anything......

'01 S4 - 459 lbs. wet
98.9 HP @ 8750 rpm
63.5 ft-lb @ 7000 rpm
11.20 @ 121.0 quarter mile

'03 R6 - 415 lbs. wet
105.4 HP @ 12750 rpm
44.7 ft-lb @ 11,750 rpm
11.01 @ 125.3 quarter mile

Scott's stepped on his S4 pretty hard, so I'm sure the HP is same or better than the R6, and the weight is very close with 40 lbs. trimmed off. It's that 50% more torque (50% more displacement, that's why) that's gonna blow the R6 away.

I haven't touched my motor, and I still wouldn't trade my bike for an R6 with $4k in the tank bag. I just don't want an R6.

This is from his second post, so don't beat on him too hard:
" I have a 620 and now hooked. Although the R6 pulls harder, corners better, and basically outperforms in all aspects of the S4 that I have ridden, its just not the Ducati."

#19 ·
I figured we could cut him a little slack for knowingly (or not?) walking into an ambush. ;)

Guess I was just feeling generous last night.............

#22 ·
personally, i'd love to see someone run a monster S4 at willow and get under 1:29 lap times... i think the ground clearance won't let it happen.

BTW, R6s regularly do 1:23s or better at willow.

of course, the r6 was basically designed for the track and the S4 was designed to make people happy on the street.

:) chris

G
#23 ·
Hey everybody, let's not beat up on this guy too bad. He's ridden a Duc and seen the light. His heart is in the right place. Any one of us in the same position might do the same thing. If you thought you had a prayer of trading your UJM for a Duc wouldn't you at least try? All numbers aside, what our R6 rider has discovered is the beauty of a twin mated to the mastery of Italian craftsmanship. In short, motorcycle passion. The Japanese can build some great stuff, and the Suzuki SVs are proof that they're trying to emulate the best formula, but there is a degree of emotion they just can't copy or mass-produce. Welcome to the Monsters. You will never miss your R6.

G
#25 ·
The Tuono is tight....especially the race.....but still very uh
Honda like.....the sit up and beg ride position would take a little getting used to, with those ponies at the wheel.....but there are always clip ons.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.