Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm a brand new Monster owner (first bike ever), living in Newcastle, Australia. I have a question about the tacho that I couldn't find in the FAQs or the New Owners sections. When the bike is turned off, there is an intermittent 'whirring' noise that is best localised to the tacho. Seems to be there every 30sec and lasts about 3sec. The immobiliser light is on. I checked the manual and it says that the light should stop flashing after 24 hours, this is not the case on my bike. It makes no mention of this noise. It's been there for 2 days now (I haven't started the bike in the meantime). Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got the whriiiii noise all the time but it is from the gas tank. after I come back home each day and the whrii sound come out from the gas door. Like the air is leaking out from the gas door. i try open the gas door while the whrii sound is going on. after i open the door, the sound stop right away. I don't know is this your case. Another thing is my bike's LED turn off after 48 hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.