Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issues.
installed 2 bros exhaust and bike was running lean.
Had the CO sensor bumped up and bike started running smoothly.
I am interested in installing a re-usable K&N but was told that the ECU needed to be burned for a proper fuel/air ratio.
I was told by several people that the new Marelli 5.9 ECU's cannot be remapped, but a mechanic told me it is possible. Who is right, and what should I do?

R.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well your mechanic isnt. The 5.9s cannot be remapped (unless something has magically changed) They can however adjust the CO. If he says they can Id like to see how they are doing it. As we have tried everyone under the sun for it, this is way I bought the FIM unit for my 620.

See if you can pry the info from him.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought he was bullshyting!
Adjustment of the CO levels was fine. Do you think they need further adjustments after the installation of a K&N?

R.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Wouldnt know without a dyno and all the related equip. I didnt even bother with tuning the stocker. I ran my bike stock with slipons untill the FIM unit arrived. Now Ive just got to put the 2 of them in the same zipcode and have it mapped (Im in Socal, bikes in Minn)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
adjusting fuel trim is adjusting pulse width, which is not a remap. as engine speed and load increases the trim adjustment becomes less significant. reality is, unless you run full throttle and hi speed often, the trim adjustment will probably be sufficient, although not ideal in my opinion

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These guys even pulled out my spark plug and explained to me that a pinkish color on the white cermaic portion of the plug meant that it was running too lean. it's abvious the ECU cannot be adjusted but i do want to add a new filter and open the plug holes. Is there anything else that should be done, besides cleaning my plugs?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah there is but you will have to wait. i have been waiting since september 2003 for a pcIII. i want to open some things up as well. hopefully we will all get the pc the monster always wanted, soon.
mike

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
I saw that LP-USA has some 5.9 ecus listed in their catalog with some kind of external screw adjuster... I normally volunteer dealer price to guniea pig testers. Not sure if they have listing for m800 or more importantly, if it is in stock.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Just purchased DP slip-ons for my M800, and I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts