Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new to me Monster with 3300 miles threw a belt and the motor is locked up. Cant seem to find anyone around here to rebuild it or at least give me an estimate. So I thought I would try to find a good used motor. If you have one please let me know.
Thanks,
Ralph

·
Registered
294 Posts
My new to me Monster with 3300 miles threw a belt and the motor is locked up. Cant seem to find anyone around here to rebuild it or at least give me an estimate. So I thought I would try to find a good used motor. If you have one please let me know.
Thanks,
Ralph
One member I know of in your area had a nice one available. The ad is still up in the parts for sale section, perhaps he's still got it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I contact him the only problem is that he never heard the motor run before. So I'm a bit hesitant.

One member I know of in your area had a nice one available. The ad is still up in the parts for sale section, perhaps he's still got it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks,
I contact him the only problem is that he never heard the motor run before. So I'm a bit hesitant.
Pull the head on the cylinder that threw the belt off and see what the damage is to your engine.
You might just need a head.
Replacing a head could be better than trusting a motor that no one has heard running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, do I need to remove the motor for that? I know my way around engines just not this one. Is there a shop manual online?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Okay, do I need to remove the motor for that? I know my way around engines just not this one. Is there a shop manual online?

Thanks
I haven't had to do any repairs to mine so I have no idea if it can be done with the motor in.
The belts are meant to be replaced every 2 years regardless of mileage.
I take it that the vertical cylinder is the problem?
As manuals, good luck.
Mline is a S4 so different motor but I can't find jack **** as far as a real manual goes.
The ducati book vaguely covers some stuff but isn't much help.
Tthankfully I have had no problems apart from a battery and the cost of servicing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Should be possible:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I'll probably just end up taking the motor out. I wish I could find a local independent Ducati mechanic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow definitely not my month. Just got scammed by a PM. I think I'll just junk the bike. This is a sign. Who would have thought on a Ducati Forum.

Be ware of [email protected] & any PMs from Zini77

Dirt bags

1 - 12 of 12 Posts