Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Ducati Monster 800S I.E
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been doing some research and I have found it a bit confusing to find the correct passenger foot peg assembly that should fit my bike.

It would seem the spring for the passenger pegs is different from the spring on the rider pegs. I have found the following parts available on this website. Would they potentially fit my bike?

Footpegs spring Ducati Monster 900 i.e. passenger
Footpegs spring pin Ducati Monster 900 i.e. rider/passenger

Exploded view.
https://www.officine08.com/web/esplosi.php?idesploso=127&idprodotto=74848

My empty footpeg bracket on my bike.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
If you have nothing but the empty tabs as shown in your picture, you 'll need more than the pin and the spring you have link to. These look correct by the way.
The spring pushes a small ball that then fits into 2 holes (one to lock peg in up position and one to lock peg in down position) in 2 plates. So you need that ball and the plates, plus the clip to secure the pin.
Fyi, you can find complete assemblies on EBay for less than 20USD. These are without rubber though.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
That's a full set front+rear for the right side. Notice the different spring for the front always pushing the peg to an open/down position.
Left pegs would be mirror image of right peg or else upper surface would not be horizontal.
Can t figure out how to cut paste link from eBay app on my tablent bête.. Look for item 6037007560 for idea of what you would be looking for. That's what I used on my 1995.

·
Registered
2002 Ducati Monster 800S I.E
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following up on this I installed the new passenger peg. I used the peg, plates, spring and ball from an older monster 600 and it fitted just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts