Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for replacement assembly - current one has speedo/tach but the speedo lens is cracked and not functioning.

Also looking for replacement tank, flat black - current has dent from previous owner dumping it and the handlebars damaging it.

Please reply to [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have the exact same problem(cracked speedo lens w lcd odom/still working 100%)so I called the ducati dealer in Seattle.They informed me that there wasnt a direct replacement for just the speedo lens and black plastic ring that holds the lens down.Youre only option is to get a complete speedo side gauge from a local dealer or try to find it online.From what ive been told the price for a new speedo=$490.00 w/o labor or taxes.Kinda ridicoulous that so many people have been having this problem and they havent worked out a cheap/cheaper solution for something so small; like a $10 lens cap replacement?!?!?I would be more than happy to pay even $100 for just the lens cap.

Anyways Im not going to pay $500+ for a 4in round circle of plastic,which will inevitably crack again,and again,and again....Quick solution---> grab some gift wrapping clear tape and tape over the crack...

If you do find a better solution let me know!
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts