Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I bought a M620 a few weeks ago and noticed the other day there is an oil drip onto the exhaust pipe. It is near the filter but it doesn't seem to be coming from the filter, the line of sealant also had oil on it so I think it could be coming from there.

So now for my questions:

Is there an easy way to check where exactly it is coming from?
Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?
If I don't fix this immediately, can I keep riding as long as the oil level is correct or will it cause other problems?

It rides fine right now so I don't know how big of an issue it is. I am mechanically inclined but uneducated on the subject so any tips will help.

Also, the LCDs don't work. I'm okay with this but if it is a common occurance with an easy fix I wouldn't mind knowing it. ;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi, I bought a M620 a few weeks ago and noticed the other day there is an oil drip onto the exhaust pipe. It is near the filter but it doesn't seem to be coming from the filter, the line of sealant also had oil on it so I think it could be coming from there.

So now for my questions:

Is there an easy way to check where exactly it is coming from?
Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, what did you do to fix it?
If I don't fix this immediately, can I keep riding as long as the oil level is correct or will it cause other problems?

It rides fine right now so I don't know how big of an issue it is. I am mechanically inclined but uneducated on the subject so any tips will help.

Also, the LCDs don't work. I'm okay with this but if it is a common occurance with an easy fix I wouldn't mind knowing it. ;)
adger,

Regarding the oil leak, clean the side covers very well with a degreaser, and if you have a rear stand, set the bike up on it and start the bike; I had a similar issue once and had to place a fan in front of the bike to keep it somewhat cool for about ten minutes. If the leak is coming from the joint of one of the side covers, I'd recommend if, as you state, you're mechanically inclined, to take the oil out, and then proceed to take both covers off and replace the gaskets and while you're doing it, check the side covers for any markings that might suggest that some prying took place, if so, appart from the gasket, use some good grey silicone. Don't forget to replace oil filter and while doing so, check that the rubber seal from the oil filter is not stuck on the engine[this happened to me].

I'd stop riding until issue is taken care of, oil might drip onto rear tire and therefore making it slippery and this could lead to an accident,

Regarding your LCD issue, you'll need to take gauges off and either, take them to an electronic technician or get a new set or reflash ECU and get any set of gauges you like.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts