Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All,
I have a 2002 Ducati Monster 620ie. This bike is one problem after another. I just replaced the ECU and the Wiring Harness thanks to the previous owner using a power washer on her. Well, now my gas tank is leaking and due to the fact that there are wires in the tank I can't find anyone who can fix it. The leak is located at the point where the tank latches to the bike. I mentioned to my mechanic considering it only started to leak the day after I got it back from having the ECU and wiring harness replaced. Guess what his response was. To add insult to injury I just had it painted in April and it is flawless.
Now it looks like I will have to replace the tank. So, I can use some advice as to how to proceed.

Thanks in Advance,
Heather

·
Registered
28 Posts
But why do you need to replace it? I also have a (2004) M620, and had some problems with the tank...my gas pump seemed to be dead, but i got it fixed. It is a complicated tank, but it's worth trying and fixing it, you would save some serious cash.
So, what is the problem with the tank? maybe I can help

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leaking Tank

Thank-you for your response. The tank is leaking from the area which attaches to the bike. It is a substantial leak which is along the seam. Initially, no one was interested in welding it because it would damage the paint. I have been to three different places in an attempt to have it welded. The last place was suppose to solder it... I just found out yesterday that this will not be happening due to the wiring in the tank. I have ridden this bike exactly 5 times this summer. The rest of the time it has been at the shop. I hate to say this but... "Is this a Girl Thing"?

Anyway, I just found out about a compound called POR-15. This might be my only hope. I have ordered some as I have nothing to lose at this point.

I really appreciate all the help and advice that has been given to me so far on this site.

Cheers,
Heather

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have a 1997 monster 900 and im having the exact same problem.
Did the POR-15 work for you? how did you fix ur problem? I will appreciate if u reply since I dont event want to consider the option of having to buy another tank which is what my mechanic sugested already

1 - 4 of 4 Posts