Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Yesterday I was riding and my low fuel light came on after riding for about 35 minutes, but I still had a near full tank. Since then, I turn the bike to on, and sometimes the light is on and turns off after 10 min of idling...other times not.

Is it simply a faulty sensor in the tank or does it somehow tie back to the computer?

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
nope its a faulty sensor. very common (my '02 M620 has the same problem). to be safe, you can check the connectors under the tank to make sure they're in tact.

you have to take the tank kind of apart to fix and not worth doing unless its time for a filter change. Plus a replacement sensor is expensive if you buy it new.

I got tired of the light going on and just covered it with some electrical tape so I wouldn't have to see it. of course that doesn't change the fact that you still get the fuel message on the display, but up to you if you want to replace.

I have a used one that works ready to drop in, I'm just waiting for the next time I have to get in the tank.

I would just keep an eye out for a used one that works if I were you, but again, up to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts