Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When did Ducati start using the Red key as the master key? I'm looking at an 02 Monster 620 and the seller does not have a red key, only the black. How much for red key and is it even worth considering the bike the if the seller does not have the red key? The title is clear.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When did Ducati start using the Red key as the master key? I'm looking at an 02 Monster 620 and the seller does not have a red key, only the black. How much for red key and is it even worth considering the bike the if the seller does not have the red key? The title is clear.
I ran into the same problem with mine, some locksmiths can remake a red key one here locally charges $350 to remake you one & $40 to copy the black one.
All they need is the instrument cluster, if you can't find one locally maybe these guys can help you out http://www.soslock.com/

·
Registered
635 Posts
Or, you could have the ECU reflashed and voila, no more inmobilizer and it could be reflashed to DP specs...only $250.00

1 - 3 of 3 Posts