Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, where can I find the correct manual for my bike. I have a 2001, not a 2000. Should i get the downloadable kind or one form a guy on ebay i saw for a 2000 model that is paper? I want to have one and the dealers don't have them anymore, not that i wanted to pay 80 bucks for it!!! Thanks, I'm picking my bike up tomorrow from the shop and want to tinker. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I'm pretty sure the ignition control is in the ecu on your bike while the 00 had the same ignitors as the carbed versions. Everything else should be the same.

I think I'd get the downloadable and print the pages as you need them.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ducpainter. The duc.nu site??? But they seem to only have a 2000 anyway, in english. If you think thats good, I'll get it. I took your advice on the headlight. Picking up the bike tomorrow....finally. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Bronson said:
thanks ducpainter. The duc.nu site??? But they seem to only have a 2000 anyway, in english. If you think thats good, I'll get it. I took your advice on the headlight. Picking up the bike tomorrow....finally. Thanks.
I'd look around a while longer to see if the correct one pops up. You can get almost all the info you need here, and some you don't need.

How'd the light workout?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm picking up the sylvania from Autozone for 20 bucks. I think it's a 60w. I am not sure what the stock one, but it is terrible at night. I get the bike tomorrow so I figured I'd pickup the bulb then as well and put it in. I am assuming the install is easy??? Unless you think otherwise, as far as the bulb, I'll get that. The manual I will keep looking. If you have an idea as to post exactly on the site, please let me know. I am newer to the site so navigation is longer for me. Thanks again. Psyched for the bike to be back in my hands.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
I went a different route on the light, but try the sylvania if you want. The stock bulb is 55/60w. I used a 80/100.

As far as the manual, you might try Ducati Seattle. They seem to be able to find, or have, lots of seemingly unavailable stuff.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know where I would find the 80/100???? I would prefer that. Wasn't sure if Sylvania made it or if i have to go PIAA. Thanks duc

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM sent.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts