Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that it's high time for me to get a bike again. Always wanted a Monster, and now it's down to the final decision. I've had really excellent offers on two bikes. Both are in exellent condition.

2001 750 Dark
6100 miles.
new back tyre.
$5000

2002 620ie Dark
3800 miles.
Carbon fiber pipes added
$4500

I know that fuel injection came in between 2001 and 2002.
Assuming that the two bikes are both in the same condition. Given the above, which would you go for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I was looking I only considered a FI model. I had previously ridden a '66 Triumph and was all done with carbs. Found my 620 Dark with 1100 mi and it is perfect for me. We are in the country in WI and it is all secondary roads. Good luck with your decission.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a beautiful 2000 750 monster, the carbs have NEVER given me a problem. I think the FI is a little smoother but i dont think its that big of a difference really. If I was you I would get a 750 is has more power potential

·
Registered
83 Posts
hands down, go for the bigger engine. Carb or FI - I would not give up that extra cc's for the sole purpose of FI. Not sure what bike you are use to riding, but I think I would be dissappointed in the 620 compared to the 750. that is just my opinion, I have never ridden the 620 so take it lightly.

good luck!

keep searching!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I'd look at the torque and hp numbers. I know when I got my 02 620 (new) it had almost the same hp as the 02 750. I think you could find an m900 for about the same price as the 750, though

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I will go against the trend so far - I would choose the 620.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Defintely try them both.

You will feel better about

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The 02's have the new style frame and rear suspension. It makes a hell of a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts