Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

2000 Monster

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Buffalono 
#1 ·
New to Ducs, just bought a Monster 900 in good condition from it's 2nd owner. There's no service records so I'll have to go through it over the winter to check valves belts etc. Glad to find this community.
of

See less See more
#3 ·
Took it out for a easy country ride, what a difference from my BMW roadster love the leaned over riding postion. Just what I was looking for, something with some hair that sounds like it means business. Needs some work though, getting into first gear is an adventure clutch is pretty much all or nothing. It takes some high revs to keep it from stalling out when letting it out to get into first. Rest of the gearshifts are ok though. Also it bogs around 5500 rpms. Ran some fuel injection cleaner through it and seemed a bit better but I'll have to start going through the Haynes manual troubleshooting list. Just ordered belts so I address the unkown belt age and check the valves. Fun bike!

#7 ·
Thanks! I used to have a pitbull, she hated tutus, advice well taken. I'll make a separate post about sourcing the part. I found a used one on eBay for $$$, but since it's winter I figured I would take my time. Especially since I don't know what problems I'm going to run into bringing it up to a good maintenance level. The tank also has some dents and the carbon fibers are dull. But getting the mechanics sorted is the primary goal. I also have to put a clutch and rear seal in my '98 BMW R1100R over the winter so time and $$ will be tight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.