Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason that this seems to be such a popular model? It seems like most new people to the board just bought one. Maybe more of these were produced or something? Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Maybe I'm noticing it more because I just bought one...

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
there have been a flood of those for sale on the market after the recall notices.

(im kidding)

2000 was probably the year the DML made the leap from mailing list to this message board.
and this place sells a TON of monsters for ducati. (still no commission checks though :()

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The reason they are so popular is because they are the best most balanced package Monster ever made , i will never sell my M750 and own a S4 but the M750 is lovely

jerry

·
Registered
620 Posts
I love my 2000 750. 2 years of commuting 25 miles to college with no problems unrelated to bad parallel parkers. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
jerryz said:
The reason they are so popular is because they are the best most balanced package Monster ever made , i will never sell my M750 and own a S4 but the M750 is lovely

jerry
err, not so sure I'd agree with 'best ... balanced,' as the engine itself has quite a few shortcomings compared to the 800 and up, but I own one, really like it, and won't sell it

·
Registered
602 Posts
i love my 00 M750. all though i want to add a 748 or a 998 to the garage to keep it company during the night.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean, the 750 makes sense I suppose, but why is the year also so popular? Does anyone have an '01 750? '99?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
'00 750...
...single disc instead of dual (CHECK)
...no tach (CHECK)
...carb'd and not FI (CHECK)

...one of the stronger more reliable motors to come out of Bologna (CHECK).

I'm happy with mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts