Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come to grief with my monster 400, and because I live in NZ, there are no decent part shops at all and the local ducati importer is in Aus.

Problem: the plastic part inside my carbs (the bit holding the main jet, emulsion tube, etc.) has a crack in it which has led to my engine being flooded and fouling the plugs etc.

Of course it seems that this part can't be purchased by itself, add to this worn emulsion tubes and main jets (main jets which apparently can't be purchased any longer, and emulsion tubes that have to be back ordered from italy) it seems that it is easiest to buy a new set of carbs.

So my question is, are carbs from the bigger dukes able to be used? and if so, what years are compatible with my 2000?

Any help and/or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, have no idea what this plastic part looks like, but can it be removed from the carb? If so, you might try repairing it. Here's a product which has very good reviews, www.plastex.net. The smallest kit is $14 I think, more than enough for what you're trying to do. Check out the video at the site, very bad vid quality, but very instructive. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic thing can be removed, it's the thing holding the sliding valve which regulates how much air passes through the carbs. The crack won't be able to be repaired unfortunately.

I'm under the impression that carbs from the 600 can be used and the jets replaced, which would be a huge help since parts for the 400 seem hard to come by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts