Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

Restoring a 2000 M900ie and need to know what other bikes are compatible insofar as these parts are concerned:

(1) instrument gauge panel (4-light)
(2) brake master cylinder pump
(3) rearsets

Target models are the 620, 750. However I think that the 695, 800s are out?

Thanks for advice.

Cheers

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hiya,

Restoring a 2000 M900ie and need to know what other bikes are compatible insofar as these parts are concerned:

(1) instrument gauge panel (4-light) >>> Sorry, no clue, can guess, bikes from vintage...
(2) brake master cylinder pump >>> 996/998
(3) rearsets >>> Any DSS; hi mounted or low mounted exhaust?

Target models are the 620, 750. However I think that the 695, 800s are out? >>> 695 still in...

Thanks for advice.

Cheers
Visit, http://www.gothamcycles.com/servlet/StoreFront

my 0.02

·
Registered
635 Posts
Sorry, noob here. What's DSS?

Thanks for the reply. I'm reading up what I can google ....
Sorry, Double Sided Swingarm...My bad :cool:

You should also be aware that your motorcycle has different wheel axle diametres, Fr 25mm Rr 17mm. You're lucky that your bike has the good brakes unlike mine.

If you have more questions, keep posting them...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a DSS, with 3 spoke wheels. This bike was unfortunately damaged in a crash and hence needs some work to get it back up. As of now, there is a set of high mounted pipes on it and hence has an aftermarket peg holder. Likely to replace that with a similar aftermarket one. Any recommendations? Rizoma seems pricey.

I've figured out that the 2000 M900 is not compatible with pre-99 and post-2006 bikes for most parts. Safest bet are Monsters from 2000 to 2006.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It's a DSS, with 3 spoke wheels. This bike was unfortunately damaged in a crash and hence needs some work to get it back up. As of now, there is a set of high mounted pipes on it and hence has an aftermarket peg holder. Likely to replace that with a similar aftermarket one. Any recommendations? Rizoma seems pricey.

I've figured out that the 2000 M900 is not compatible with pre-99 and post-2006 bikes for most parts. Safest bet are Monsters from 2000 to 2006.
Most likely the pipes are Termignoni, you could get some Arrow, they're equally good and not that expensive, regarding rear sets, www.desmorados.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=337_367_199&products_id=2565 , they're in Germany, but for the price, they're good.

Yes, Rizoma is very price but, beautifully crafted. Got this info from other forum, hope it helps.

The rearsets on pre-02 Monsters are the same as 02+ rearsets for all DSS (dual sided swingarm) Monsters. No, S2R and S4R guys do not count. You might say to yourself, but wait - didn't the frame change in 2002? Why yes it did. The biggest change this will mean to you is that 02+ Monsters use a different Triple Clamp offset/setup, different headstock diameter, etc. The footpeg brackets didn't move. The holes in the sump are in the same place. Some guys have a floating rear caliper with rod that attaches to the sump at the lower mounts of the factory rearsets on the clutch case side. None of this is affected when going to rearsets of another manufacturer (though you might have to buy another M10 or whatever it is bolt). The sidestand changed in 2000. This will only affect you purchasing a rearset that uses the lower sump holes (a la Rizoma DSS rearsets). This is an easy upgrade: Buy a new sidestand bracket assembly (spring, bracket, sidestand, bolts) and put it on. Voila, you are updated.

MW / RedRacing / Style and Performance / AG Hammer rearsets (also Sato's but they have no accomodation for low pipes) are all "HANGING REARSETS" - just like on superbikes. They hang straight the F down from the frame which move your feet closer "in". This is a nice feature. Hooped monsters with lots of ride height cranked in may find some fitment issues with the hoop and the pipe brackets if there's no lateral extension to the exhaust brackets. Rizoma's brackets have such a bend to give you an example. Its not been much of a big deal to figure it out, and doesn't affect everybody - the stock suspension hoop is rather narrow unlike the aftermarket billet options that used to be available.

Along with straight 'hanging' rearsets is the lever-issue. Only two, close together points hold the rearsets on the bike, with the footpeg a few inches below that. On the superbikes, the peg is not below, but adjacent to those bolts.

Pls pm me or send email with pics, I've gone thru what you're going and I sourced a lot of my parts from forum members.

Going to work, see ya 2nite...;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Great info, DM620.

Can 696 mirrors fit on the 900ie?

Cheers
This is from another member here, hope it helps:
"purchase the following
- both mirrors from Streetfigther or Monster 696/1100 S
- both bolts for the mirrors (one is reverse threaded)
- both spare brackets for the clutch and brake. You have to replace these since the one on the S4Rs are for the "Mikey mouse" stock mirror (I love that label, JR's01S4 you are so right!). The stock mirror's threads are M10, the Streetfigher's mirror use M8 so you SOL."

Remember, the bars are 1 1/8" in the center, at the ends they're 7/8"
If not, vivit, www.monsterparts.com , Jeff will help you out, great guy!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts