Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $6000 a good price for a:

2000 M900 Special Edition in excellent condition and 7000 miles?

·
Registered
248 Posts
hmm... any extras or aftermarket parts on the bike??. if yes then yes it is.. if not there is some room to negotiate.

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
so, were you born in PI or are you a white boy stuck in a filipino's body like me? ;D ;D

you buying the bike from a dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Seems like a decent price to me, maybe slightly high for a 4 year old bike...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
my opinion, if the price is a little high (don't know if it is), but condition is that good and you are in love, buy it!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
If low miles (<5000) and clean, the it is a decent deal.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Is $6000 a good price for a:

2000 M900 Special Edition in excellent condition and 7000 miles?
For comparison, I bought my 2000 M900ie for $5600 on ebay. The bike was stock except for a 40T rear sprocket. It came with a powercommanderII, extra helmet, Marsee tank bag, laptop bag, and saddle bags. Mileage was 2550 when I took delivery of it. I think $6K is a little on the high side. Id try to shoot for 5-6.

Kevin

·
Registered
248 Posts
so, were you born in PI or are you a white boy stuck in a filipino's body like me? ;D ;D

you buying the bike from a dealer?
None my friend none :).
PI as in mathematical symbol = 3.14...
the golden ratio... I think if someone can solve the riddle it would unveil a lot of mysteries in this world :). but then its IMHO :d

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I think $6k is a pretty fair price. The problem with Ducati's is that they are hard to find used!!

I just paid $5900 for a 2000 900ie on Ebay with all the mods listed in my signature, and it came with lots of extras (2 riding coats, bike cover+stand etc.). I sold the jacket that didn't fit me on Ebay (made back $400, it was a Vanson), and traded the other one in to Ducati Seattle for a $100 credit towards my new one.

I drove my bike 600+ miles through idaho, oregon and washington to get it home.
I consider my bike to be a great deal, because I looked for a long time, and couldn't find the bike I wanted anywhere except new at a dealer, and I can't afford a new bike right now...

The point is that you don't see a lot of used 900cc monsters. Make him an offer for sure, but if he stays firm at $6000, I would seriously consider giving it to him...

·
Registered
248 Posts
oh, sorry dude, i meant ducati619! i think his little pic is the flag for the philippines and i think that the "PH" stands for it too.

ahh, the mystery of pi and the vitruvian ratio. deep, yet interesting stuff!

ouch am hurt ;). I was feelin special that u asked... :). just kiddin :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I have more mileage, but I have sting and bling on mine, for $5,500.00, as a comparo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts