Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post and I'm only posting on tech. Bike is new to me but I am third owner. 7200 miles on the ODO and definitely not under warranty. Have put new mufflers on, essentially flow-through, now the bike idles a little rough and doesn't respond to the throttle as quickly as it did previously. I also anticipate putting K&N pod air filters on in the next couple months to increase air flow. Am fairly certain new jetting is needed for the carbs and wanted to know if there are general guidelines for these types of things. I want to do all the work myself and understand what's going on as I don't anticipate ever taking my bike to the shop. Am also wondering if there's a good link for doing valve adjustments at home. Regards, Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you're going to use pod K&N's, you should definitely upgrade your jetting. I would suggest the Dynojet stage 3 kit (or Factory Pro kit for open exhaust and K&N pods). I have a K&N stage 2 kit and the standard settings that come with this kit seem to work fine for the bike.

Otto

1 - 2 of 2 Posts