Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 900 ie Dark is booked in for it's 20,000 km service next week, I'm told it will cost around $ 500.

The owners manual has some initial details from day One written in but nuthin' has been added since so I'm presuming the PO's haven't had any servicing done. The general cosmetic condition of the 'bike is pure neglect and abuse.

I did a 350 km run last week and it ran like a dream altho I can see the front and rear suspension need some tweaking.

I expect it will have an oil change, cambelts renewed, tappets checked, new air filter, e.f.i. adjust, but what else should be checked/done at this service ?

WTSDS

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks goldFiSh, I had a look thru that link, can see it's gonna be a matter of asking the dealer to damm well check everything !!

As I bought my Monsta from the dealer 2 weeks ago it obviously is up to me to thrash out just what they will /won't do, and then do the rest myself.

Part of the deal was that they are to fix the various oil leaks, there's oil coming from around the front chain sprocket, and a few minor weeps.

The cambelts are my main concern...... WTSDS

G

·
I expect it will have an oil change, cambelts renewed, tappets checked, new air filter, e.f.i. adjust, but what else should be checked/done at this service ?
I had chain, sprockets, fork oil, and brake pads done, although the brake pads were the result of a couple of track days ;D

All up just over a grand's worth but I dont do much of it myself. Much rather use my time riding [cheeky]

Cheers
Craig

·
Registered
89 Posts
It may be possible to check with the dealer's service dept to see if they have any records of the bike being serviced there. I know my last bike has a full set of service records on the dealer's pc as well as the hard copies in my possession.
With respect to that leak above the front sprocket, one of the differential diagnoses is a weep from the gasket in the clutch slave cylinder O ring. Something to rule out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>$500 for a 20k service, tell him he's dreaming

Picked up my 'bike this morning after it's 20,000 km service and yes it did cost more than suggested, was A$800, but there was a long list of things done including new cambelts and valve adjustments, etc, etc, etc.

Main thing is sounds good now and runs like a charm. I'm looking forward to taking it for a decent blast this weekend.

WTSDS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts