Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been doing a lot of reading and researching on these 2. i have came across the company Vee Two. i've on heard a few things about the slowly dwindling company, but were all good. i'm interested in picking up a set of the race cams with their 43mm intake valve. they mentioned it's required to use their valve. it that a true statement? also wanted to get the adjustable cam pulley. i figured for all that it'll be a little less than $600. i know i could do pistons and probably get a more of a gain, but i was thinking this way. pistons will probably be around for awhile, and picking up these engine are now very far and few between now. what are you guys thinking?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
now after digging around even more. i found that in late 01, 900 ie's came with adjustable cam pulleys. although i'm haven't found confirmed "yes or no" if they fit earlier 2 valves. the FI 2v's have more aggressive cams than the carbies. i haven't been able to find any ie, st2 cams, or OE cam pulleys for sale. maybe someone will chime in.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i called up commonwealth moto. they are about 5 minutes away. they have a set of the 2v ergal adjustable cam pulleys in stock. tuesday i'll find out if i can buy'em,match'em up and take measurements to see if they'll fit my early m900. the fitment says only fits 900 01-02. i'm up ready for the challenge.

i guess everybody doesn't care about this stuff. it might seem pointless, but not to me. weird.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've used VeeTwo cams and adjustable pullies, but never heard about their request to use their valve. What makes theirs better (or different).
Everything I've ever used from them has worked well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from what i've read and asked vee two about. the diameter of the resting lobes of the cam are smaller than stock. the options they gave me were, use their valves or have bigger shims made to make up the gap.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Ahh, that makes sense now. I use their shim packs which include over size openers. If you need 1 or 2, I can probably help, but If you're going to keep the bike, a full kit is a good investment.
Don't ever let someone talk you into sinking the valve to make it fit.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohhh i won't. i was looking though an older thread that you were in, and some of the people were saying to just sink 'em. when i talked to chris @ CA, he told of some of instances where the vee two valves bend cause of the extra length of the stem up top. he told me if i wanted to do a cam a good one without all the trouble would be a SSie and i already knew about the st2 ones.

one thing he did confirm was that the 01-02 adjustable cam pulleys would fit the earlier 900s. which that means the LW ergal adjustable pullies should fit also.
http://www.store.commoto.com/ducati-ergal-timing-belt-rollers-p-261.html
super fist pumps.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Both of those cams are lumpier than your stock one, but the VeeTwo selection (3) gets even better. If the dollar ever becomes worth anything again................

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vee two is liquidating a lot of what they have left over on ebay. if you dont see something ask'em and they'll respond within a day or less. a set of 2v cams are starting out at $280usd and about $35-$40 shipping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm looking for a set of Vee Two cams for my 98 900.. know where any are?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts