Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple of new FAQs posted, one on clutch noise to answer some new owner questions, and one on tank dings to deal with the all to common droppage.

What I need for the Tank Ding FAQ are some referrals (contact info, experience) with painters you've used. I'm hoping to get a good list going for the US and possibly other countries of decent painters for monster tanks. (Note, I already have Norm in for ding repair, so no need to send me his info.)

Just reply to this thread with the info and I'll add to the FAQ as they come in.

Thanks for helping to make the DML a kick-butt resource.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
just had my tank fixed and painted by robbie nigl of peachpit racing up in new hampshire. great work - tank is better than new. not sure if he wants me to post up his phone # as it's also his cell phone.

M

·
0 Posts
Though I haven't had the misfortune of trying this on a Ducati tank yet, here at Northbay Nissan, Petaluma, Ca, we've had tremendous results with Dent Magic. This guy can take a ding or dent out of just about anything and make it look perfect - no painting necessary! He took a nasty crease out of my wife's BMW effortlessly and cherried out a friend's Husqvarna gas tank easily. Each repair averaged $90. As far as painting goes there are quite a few really good body shops in the area that are staffed by riders who love doing bike tanks. Ask around in your area or e-mail me for recommendations in the Bay Area from Marin to Santa Rosa and I'll be glad to try to help out.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Though I haven't had the misfortune of trying this on a Ducati tank yet, here at Northbay Nissan, Petaluma, Ca, we've had tremendous results with Dent Magic.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I've added your suggestions to the page. If I get more I'll add those too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts