Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Mine? It’s been a year since I’ve been on. Major accident early last May. Bike & Body trashed. Learning how to walk again, but hopefully ride this summer sometime.
It was originally intended for our Canadian friend, but I'm happy you answered. Sorry to hear about your accident, and good to hear you're on the mend. May 2021? Must have been quite major! I hope the rehab goes smoothly and quickly and that you're back on two in the near future!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well snow if finally gone and the sweepers have been out once but roads are still fairly sandy so I've been taking it very easy and just cruising local streets. Typically decent riding is from start of May to end of September, give or take 3 weeks each way.
I see some die hards going into late October and even November.
I'm taking some time off in August so I can getout and really get some miles in, plus there's a Superbike Championship (Canadian) mid Aug I'd like to attend which I'm hoping to ride out to.

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Well snow if finally gone and the sweepers have been out once but roads are still fairly sandy so I've been taking it very easy and just cruising local streets. Typically decent riding is from start of May to end of September, give or take 3 weeks each way.
I see some die hards going into late October and even November.
I'm taking some time off in August so I can getout and really get some miles in, plus there's a Superbike Championship (Canadian) mid Aug I'd like to attend which I'm hoping to ride out to.
I haven't ridden in Canada since the 90's, lol. My first Canadian ride was was in 1989 with a buddy through Montreal on our way to the first American round of World Superbike in Brainerd, Minnesota. Long story, short -- we left Baltimore, MD and the rain was so bad in New York that we missed our exit and ended up going to Montreal instead of Toronto. The following year, I rode to Mosport for the Canadian round through Toronto (finally, lol) with my GF on the back. Been meaning to make it back there on two wheels for some time now, hopefully before I'm too old to enjoy it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't ridden in Canada since the 90's, lol. My first Canadian ride was was in 1989 with a buddy through Montreal on our way to the first American round of World Superbike in Brainerd, Minnesota. Long story, short -- we left Baltimore, MD and the rain was so bad in New York that we missed our exit and ended up going to Montreal instead of Toronto. The following year, I rode to Mosport for the Canadian round through Toronto (finally, lol) with my GF on the back. Been meaning to make it back there on two wheels for some time now, hopefully before I'm too old to enjoy it.
Sounds like you do quite a bit of riding. Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Sounds like you do quite a bit of riding. Where are you located?
I grew up and live in Southern California, between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. I rode a lot when I was young and single, a lot less while raising a family. Now, as two of my three are adults and ride, I find myself starting to catch up for lost miles ;) I've covered most of my miles on sportbikes, but now I'm older, a little less bendy, and yearning for a Multistrada for distance riding, lol. I think Quebec is calling me!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I grew up and live in Southern California, between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. I rode a lot when I was young and single, a lot less while raising a family. Now, as two of my three are adults and ride, I find myself starting to catch up for lost miles ;) I've covered most of my miles on sportbikes, but now I'm older, a little less bendy, and yearning for a Multistrada for distance riding, lol. I think Quebec is calling me!
Oh nice. That's awesome that you can now ride with your family. I gotta a few more years before I can ride with mine. I betting the ride along the coast out your way is amazing.

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Oh nice. That's awesome that you can now ride with your family. I gotta a few more years before I can ride with mine. I betting the ride along the coast out your way is amazing.
Cherish those few more years... before you know it, your little one(s) will be asking to borrow your ride ;)

It's nice here for sure, and I think that a lot of locals take it for granted. But there are so many amazing roads both here and in Canada (and around the world) -- sometimes we overlook what's in our backyard.

·
Registered
262 Posts
EAST COAST DUCATI OFFICIAL CLUB

The eastcoastducatiofficalclub had its first brunch run Halifax to Enfield, NovaScotia 🇨🇦
had to stop to grab newswpaper to stuff into my jacket. brrrr. 4 degrees celsius = 39 fahrenheit
only three of us showed up by bike and the beemer guys were running heated everything

1 - 15 of 15 Posts