Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about making my first Dawn Patrol ride as a new member. Wanted to see if it was on for tomorrow 5/8. I'll be coming from the South Bay (PV) if anyone is heading up from here.

Greg

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
This is my personal opinion, and I don't really know how to say this in a better way, so here goes.

ACH Dawn Patrol is not really a DML 'group', but CrestGal is part of that crew.
Lately, the SoCal Monsters have been making some appearances to wheel along with them.

The Dawn Patrol does not ride slow, and they will wait for nobody, near as I can tell. They run by the sun's schedule.

I'd ride with you tomorrow, Greg, but I'm committed to riding Sunday with SoCalSar and PPoitras. With the distance I have to ride to ACH, I can't quite pull off 2 Dawn Patrols on a weekend... :p

Generally, the SoCal Monster group rides have been later in the morning, and so we run to a little more relaxed schedule...we'll wait for people.

Perhaps next weekend?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds great. Crest Girl dropped me an email and indicated speed was not the priority and to take my time. So no pressure was applied. I'm an early bird anyway so the Dawn Patrol sounded like a good fit. I'm just looking to hook up with some locals and ride. So, I'll watch the board for your ride next weekend.

Thanks again,

Greg

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Hey GregP!

I will be riding at Dawn from the Shell if you want to join us. It's not really a group ride, just a bunch of us that show up and ride without cops, cars or squids! There are fast, medium and slower riders. Don't want you to have the impression that we are "racing" up the hill. Everyone rides their own ride at their own skill set. We believe in safe riding.....Come on out tomorrow AM if you want. It's a great ride. Also, I won't be going my full speed tomorrow, just got my bike back and need to test out the new suspension mods! Wooooo Hooooo!

Also, the first few times anyone rides the Crest they need to take their time and get to know the road or it will own you.

Come on out and ride if you want.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
OK, so I was half wrong, the ACH D/P take their sweet time going up the hill.
Have fun Greg, it's a great ride.

Hope to see you at a ride soon.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Greg! It was great meeting you today! Hope you enjoyed your first ride on the Crest and plan on many more!

What a great ride it was......

Linda

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice meeting you all at the Dawn Patrol this morning. I will be seeing you all very soon.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts