Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was wrong about the 25th of February being a MotoGP race, it's only official trials. The first race is apparently the 9th of March. Currently, I am still planning on being in town both weekend and am up for whichever. Having it on the weekend of the 24th will give us a few more weeks to get shirts/patches/stickers made for the spring rides though.

-Alan

Thoughts....

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello?! (cricket noise, cricket noise, cricket noise, cricket noise). Anyone out there??? Any suggestions on times and dates to meet?

-A

AlanKremzar said:
Well, I was wrong about the 25th of February being a MotoGP race, it's only official trials. The first race is apparently the 9th of March. Currently, I am still planning on being in town both weekend and am up for whichever. Having it on the weekend of the 24th will give us a few more weeks to get shirts/patches/stickers made for the spring rides though.

-Alan

Thoughts....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sorry, haven't checked the local board in a while, what, when, where, I'll try to b there. Got any more info let me know. ;D

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st Club Meeting Announcement

Let's shoot for Sunday, February 25th in Iowa City for the 1st meeting.

Where: The Edge restraunt off Hwy80 and 1st Ave
Time: tbd by feedback on the board (Lunch or Dinner)

Looking forward to a big turnout. We can talk about the logo, shirts, flyers, cards, etc.

Post your suggestions or PM me.

Cheers,
Alan

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would prefer lunch (their brunch is from 10:30 to 1:30 if I remember correctly. I'll have to travel from Altoona. How does high noon sound?

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just sent Doug @ MotoSports some flyers to post regarding the club and the meeting on the 25th. I know the logo is not official yet, but I took one of Mitt's designs and added it on there. I'll try and post a .pdf copy to this post. Or, if you'd like a copy to post, email me and I can send it to you.

-Alan

Attachments

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
DucluvR said:
I would prefer lunch (their brunch is from 10:30 to 1:30 if I remember correctly. I'll have to travel from Altoona. How does high noon sound?
I am heading from Elkhart...Any problems with carpooling?

Gonna see if Jon from Ankeny is interested in going as well...

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I wish I could be there, but I will be sacrificing out in CO doing some skiing.

Maybe Alan can blow up a picture of me, and set me at the table? Sounds like fun.

mitt

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Man Chad...do not refer to yourself and another guy and blowing all in the same sentence...

Where you busting up the powder? And seriously...love the club idea, but would almost rather be out trying to snap my knee like a twig on the slopes

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I should have said enlarge, oh wait, that doesn't sound good either [laugh]

I will be in Copper.

mitt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Weather forecasts aren't looking good, Ive gotta cherokee, 4x4 w/ abs and functional seat belts. metro residents are welcome if the meeting is still a go.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
DucWrangler said:
Weather forecasts aren't looking good, Ive gotta cherokee, 4x4 w/ abs and functional seat belts. metro residents are welcome if the meeting is still a go.
Oh, it's still a go. I might even show up on the scooter if I can find some studded tires.
-A

·
Registered
43 Posts
That was my understanding. I still intend on making the trek, however I'm not excited about the last forecast I saw, 1/2" of ice with snow after that. Doesn't sound like the best travelling weather. Do u live there locally?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts