Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
9,093 Posts
---------snip---------------------------------- Where is Nick when you need him? ;D
You rang?

I think it's a fantastic idea, I should be able to shoehorn out a friday from work, maybe do a part day or something. It would very likely be less crowded on a Friday.

Friday the 12th!! Damn!!! I wont even be there yet :-[

9 days and counting, did I mention it'll be 17 degrees tonite in Minnesota?
Easy, DucMan, you've been hanging out near tonyj too much...the smoke is compromising your thought processes.
;D

We're talking_December_12th, more than a month away........

17 degrees :eek: Well, good thing you're leaving, eh?

G

·
no kidding...a friday to gather?

ahahah have you ever ridden LA on fridays?

Do I really need to point that this is the worst traffic
jam on earth that goes on every friday?

· Registered
426 Posts
For what it's worth I'd like to go but a Friday would be hard to do -I'm already trying to swing a Monday this month for a track day. Saturday would be great and I'll probably go that day anyway. BTW, where is Spectrum?

· Registered
5,548 Posts
Easy, DucMan, you've been hanging out near tonyj too much...the smoke is compromising your thought processes.
;D

We're talking_December_12th, more than a month away........

17 degrees :eek: Well, good thing you're leaving, eh?
Ive ridden in colder, every year we have a little event called the Ice-Cycle Derby on Jan 1st. It basically an on road Enduro event. Last year I believe it was about 5 degrees when I left home for it. Yes on a bike. ;D

Heck on a Friday too!!! I might be abit pressed to get time off that soon, but hey who knows ???

· Premium Member
1,566 Posts
For what it's worth I'd like to go but a Friday would be hard to do -I'm already trying to swing a Monday this month for a track day. Saturday would be great and I'll probably go that day anyway. BTW, where is Spectrum?
Im still going to go on Saturday. If we still want to meet at Spectrum Motorsports, it's just north of the 5/405 junction in OC.

Sounds like this is not going to be the great SoCal Monster Gathering after all; we still need to plan that.

· Registered
9,093 Posts
This thread is getting some serious subject drift going, so.....

I'm posting individual threads for the long beach motorcycle show friday and saturday, as it will be nearly impossible to organize two rides off of one thread.

Not looking to split it up, but it's heading that direction already......

Saturday Ride

Friday Ride

· Premium Member
503 Posts
Maybe we can list some dates and rides then vote on them. It's too difficult me to decide without knowing dates.
Maybe a poll would be good.

E.g.,
1st Annual SoCal Monster Gathering:
1. Nov. 15 ACH ride.
2. Nov. 14 ACH ride.
3. Dec. 12 '03/'04 Cycle World Motorcycle Show
4. Dec. 13 '03/'04 Cycle World Motorcycle Show
<Add to this list>

Once we decide a date and ride we can decide where to meet.

Just a suggestion.

AC

· Registered
9,093 Posts
Damn, you read my mind.......

OPTION A - GROUP RIDE
It's going to be difficult to get everybody together for much riding, as we've got (known) members spread from Valencia to Brawley.
There's about 300 miles of road in between.

The only way that seems to be feasible at all is to have a friday afternoon traveling, friday night party / motel or camping, saturday group riding, saturday night party / motel or camping, and Sunday morning traveling.

That's pretty ambitious, coordinating and planning to get that large a slice of time out of everybody's lives, all on the same weekend.

OPTION B - GROUP EVENT/PARTY
A little easier.
For example saturday midday riding for everyone to a centrally located campground or motel, evening party, sunday morning everybody rides home.

OPTION C - EPIC SoCal/NorCal GROUP EVENT
Definitely the most difficult to arrange, but it would be absolutely awesome if we could pull it off. This springs from my ride up to SongDog Ranch to meet with some San Jose folks.

We ride up to SongDog on saturday, it's about 320 miles from our most far-flung SoCal'er in Brawley. The SF Bay folks ride down to SongDog also, it's about the same mileage for them.
Party down on Saturday night, everybody rides home on Sunday.
There is lots of good riding for us between here and SongDog. I'm NOT proposing a superslab run up the I-5. Some relatively short slab runs, but mostly fun road along the way.
The NorCal folks have a wide selection of really fun stuff along their path.

Let's kick it around.

Hell, one of each would be great too!

· Premium Member
127 Posts
Right on Speeddog. I vote for all three options. I especially like the SongDog idea. Not that I know where that is, but count me in.

G

·
at last Im reading "party" at some point...

that's gonna end single at home on saturday for me at this pace...

Is this about partying all together at some cool spot?

or is it just going to a show? in that case I don't need anyone to go see a show...

· Registered
9,093 Posts
Right on Speeddog. I vote for all three options. I especially like the SongDog idea. Not that I know where that is, but count me in.
SongDog's a fantastic motorcycle friendly campground about 320 miles NW of you, and about 45 miles SW of Bakersfield (as the crow flies).

Was there a couple weeks ago, rented a nice 2 person tent, sleeping bag with sheet and pillow, and a really fine sleeping pad, all for $35 including camping for the night. And I didn't have to carry it up and back.....
----------------------------------------------------------

at last Im reading "party" at some point...

that's gonna end single at home on saturday for me at this pace...

Is this about partying all together at some cool spot?

or is it just going to a show? in that case I don't need anyone to go see a show...
This is definitely about partying all together at a cool spot. And lots of good riding before and after.

Definitely NOT about going to a show........

· Registered
1,555 Posts
I really like the SongDog idea. Just a thought..is it going to start getting cold at night and what'not..?....I've only been here 3 or 4 months so forgive the question.

G

·
Yes it gets cold here.... Maybe not super cold but cold enough.

I like the Song Dog idea, camping with you goons is a bit of a risk, but I can live with that. I also like the fact that it's 45 miles SW of Bakersfield, so it's like 45 minutes from my house. :D

Nick, where exactly is SongDog? Please pull up a handy dandy map so people can get an idea of the travel involved.

· Registered
9,093 Posts
I'll hack out a map tonight.

I sent up a trial balloon over on the SFBMHA forum, and we'll see what kind of feedback I get.

G

·
Hey all.. from Norcal. As discussed briefly on the SFBMHA board Songdog is a great place http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=SFBMHA;action=display;num=1068096692. It will be cold there throughout winter. Spring could work there, especially if we got it catered for us..which is an option that they do have. Plus in the spring..all the wildflowers pop up. http://www.songdog.com/ranch/index.htm

The other option mentioned was somewhere around San Luis Obispo, possibly near Avila Hot Springs :)

Either option would be a blast!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.