Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nick brought up an interesting point in the thread for our last ride, having 11 Monsters together for a ride would have been a record. Does anyone know the current record? We had 9 yesterday I believe. (Almost 10 if Tom were just a hair earlier. )

How about we organize a gathering to set the record? Perhaps it can even become an annual event for the SoCal Monsters. There are 24 on Mas's map now, so we should at least be able to get that.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Most Monsters Ride Record

13 is pretty impressive. The most I have ridden with is 9. However, on the ACH ride there were a couple of monsters that joined us at Newcombs. Not sure what the total count was, but I don't think a random gathering counts anyway.

BTW, I posted this in the Local Clubs general forum to see if any other club beat 13. Also, if anybody had a Straight (All Monster models).

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Yeah, 13 Monsters is impressive, but now there are 25 dots.

We're surly to cause a ruckus with 25 Monsters rolling through small mountain towns.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
The 24 on the map don't include the dozen or more that are south of the map (i.e., San Diego County residents). With planning and a central location, we should be able to top 30!

Mark

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Now, that would be killer!

30 Monsters would be loud and scary. We

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about during the 2003/2004 Cycle World Motorcycle Show, Dec 12-14 Long Beach, CA?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I'm up for a group ride to Long Beach for that show.
And I don't think Long Beach is too far from San Diego.

What about meeting somewhere central like in Huntington Beach at the Pier, and riding PHC to 2nd Street, through Belmont Shores, together into Long Beach?

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Scott has a good idea.

We could meet at Spectrum Motorsports. We can call Greg to see if he can get his boss to put out the coffee for us, and pass out some discount coupons. Ride down Laguna Canyon Road (133) to Laguna Beach, and then terrorize all the beach cities along PHC and 2nd Street on the way to the show. With enough Monsters, it would be a ride with awesome pose value

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Are we still talking Friday the 12th?

What time do should we meet?

Hopefully, we can have t-shirts.

AC

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I don't know where anything is in Long Beach or even which route I'll take to get there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If we can get the group to do Firday I would be into that.

Let's see how many can do Friday and what time we want to meet.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Should I start a different thread for the International Motorcycle Show or do we want to schedule our annual gathering around this?

If you think we should pick a different time and place, where and when?

Let's get this thing going so we can have the largest turnout possible.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We are close. I am in Brentwood.

Nothing so far. Just a germ of an idea. Seeing if we can get the whole SoCal group together, or as many as possible. Thought this might evolve into an annual gathering. Also thought maybe the Motorcycle Show would be a good thing to schedule it around. The LA riders never really see the San Diego riders, so a group gathering would be a great opportunity for us all to meet.

What do you think? Where is Nick when you need him? ;D

G

·
for LA and SD guys to meet I guess somewhere around SanClemente would be fine. Now around Julian there's plenty of fun roads if I remember correctly, but riding down there is another thing, would a 2 days thing I guess.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts