Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I have a 99 Monster 750 with approx 11,000 miles. Been riding for about 15 years but this is my first Ducati and I'm loving it so far. My question is that when I first start the bike I hear a ringing type knock in the front horizontal cylinder. After the bike is completely warmed up I don't hear it anymore. Some people have told me this is normal for that engine but I want some opinions from people with experience. So is it a normal noise? I just had the belts changed and the valve clearances checked. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
I have a 1998 M750 so pretty much the same bike. I do not hear the same thing you do and wouldnt say it is normal. I was going to guess valves but you already ruled that out. For my level of knowledge I'm not sure what it could be...Let us know what you find out because I'm sure I'll start hearing it soon myself :)

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
look between the cooling fins, there are little hockey puck looking things that have probally fell out from the years and miles. they were put there to dampen the ringing noise but always fall out...no need to replace them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Iwszabo, so I have also the same let say problem with my Monster 750. pls could you send me image from catalogue or picture of engine where the "hockey puck" are?

Thank you very much for your support!

O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts