Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I might be able to find a 1995 m900 user's manual? I've looked on eBay with no success. I have the Haynes book and stuff but would like the Ducati manual.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I was told by Ducati that I should be able to order one through my dealer. I downloaded the 2002 manual from Ducati.com, printed it and put it in a 3-ring binder along with all info I gather about the bike. That and the Haynes manual pretty much cover everything for my 95.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you always hear they've changed little over the years but....2002? wow. thanks for the advice. i'll try the dealer but will also do the download thing. dropped mine off today for a rear wheel fix--where do all these nail and screws come from?? something is falling apart somewhere that's spewing all these screws in the road!--and miss her already...thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also, since i have a fellow 1995er on the line... would you by chance have a fender eliminator kit installed? i'm interested in doing this but do not want to chop the tail off. i've seen some out there but they all reference 2000 and newer 900's. given your 2002 manual, you think this would fit?

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Can't really say about the tail treatment. When I bought mine it had already been chopped and had a tag holder fashioned out of a simple square of aluminum bolted to the two remaining fender mount holes (the former forward ones) and bent down at about a 60 degree angle to place the tag under the tail light. From looking at drawings in various manuals and parts lists at ducati.com, it looks like mine was chopped between the front and rear sets of mounting holes for the factory fender/tail or whatever that thing is called. Actually the lines on the stock fender piece flow well from the seat cowl and the overall lines of the bike. It would probably look really good if it could be shortened to where it just sticks out a couple of inches behind the tail light. Ithink I saw a kit somewhere for doing that, bu tI may have dreamed it.

My bike was also minus the turn signals, so I got some aluminum stock (an old street sign from the trash where I was working at the time) and fashioned something similar to the tag holder on it, but with sides that wrap around the frame tubes slightly then extend further down to provide flat sides for mounting some Lockhart-Phillips carbon fiber short stalk signals. Looks a little more finished than the plain aluminum tag holder. Sorry, but I don't have a picture handy to show the end result.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts