Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend is looking to sell a 1963 Indian for $1,000. It sounds like it might be a bit of a basket case but it does run. That's all the info I've got. PM with contact info so I can put you directly in touch with him if your interested.

Edit: He's in New York City.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Re: 1963 Indian

Hello
I'm interested, But what state is it in? I am in NorCal. Any details would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks....Gregg

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

I'm interested too!
:eek:
PM me more info please?

·
Registered
304 Posts

lethe said:
A friend is looking to sell a 1963 Indian for $1,000. It sounds like it might be a bit of a basket case but it does run. That's all the info I've got. PM with contact info so I can put you directly in touch with him if your interested.

Edit: He's in New York City.
There is no such thing as a 1963 Indian...They stopped making Indian Chiefs on December 2, 1952.

Sorry to break the news...

LJB 8)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts

M3-SRT8 said:
There is no such thing as a 1963 Indian...They stopped making Indian Chiefs on December 2, 1952.

LJB 8)
Maybe he got the numbers mixed up & it's a 1936? [laugh]

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
M3-SRT8 said:

LJB 8)
I never saw the thing, it was just mentioned to me that the guy was looking to sell the thing and I offered to help. For all I know it's not even an Indian. All I can say to your post is that if someone is interested in a 19something maybe Indian maybe something else then PM me and I'll give you the guy's number and you guys can figure it out. My thinking is that if he doesn't know much about the bike (like what year it really is!) the better a chance that there might be a possible find here.

This is exactly why I don't usually get myself involved, I'm the one that ends up looking like a dope. :-\

·
Registered
304 Posts
lethe said:
I never saw the thing, it was just mentioned to me that the guy was looking to sell the thing and I offered to help. For all I know it's not even an Indian. All I can say to your post is that if someone is interested in a 19something maybe Indian maybe something else then PM me and I'll give you the guy's number and you guys can figure it out. My thinking is that if he doesn't know much about the bike (like what year it really is!) the better a chance that there might be a possible find here.

This is exactly why I don't usually get myself involved, I'm the one that ends up looking like a dope. :-\
Ahhh...I didn't mean to flame you. Just thought I'd snuff out a piece of BS you might have inadvertedly been passing on...

LJB 8)

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
lethe said:

Don't think that! It was really cool for you to pass it on!
Thanks!

Although now I have this weird obsession with owning an Indian, and I have decided that I have to get a updated custom replica made of the old Indian 841 Military Motorcycle!

:'(

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M3-SRT8 said:
Ahhh...I didn't mean to flame you. Just thought I'd snuff out a piece of BS you might have inadvertedly been passing on...

LJB 8)
I know, just a bit annoyed at myself for not knowing that little tidbit of info, if I did I could've cleared up better what the guy has, since I honestly think he has something and it might really be an Indian based on the description of "everything on the wrong side".

Tabo, did he call you yet 'cause now I'm getting even more curious and might call him Monday now.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
lethe said:
I know, just a bit annoyed at myself for not knowing that little tidbit of info, if I did I could've cleared up better what the guy has, since I honestly think he has something and it might really be an Indian based on the description of "everything on the wrong side".

Tabo, did he call you yet 'cause now I'm getting even more curious and might call him Monday now.
No, he has not called me back. It's OK though. Maybe he realized it is worth more now?

I got quoted $6,000 for these old parts:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fort...7/8394338/index.htm?section=money_mostpopular

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
lethe said:
Do you at least get the milk crate with it?
HA HA!
I should ask them! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I just found this other one in slightly better condition. Do you think I have a better chance of restoring this if I am not going to try to get authentic parts? I basically want the frame, with updated engine etc...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Tabo:

That last bike you posted up is a post-WWII Indian parrallel twin. It was Indian's last-stand/attempt to regain it's market share from HD. It didn't work (obviously) as this bike didn't sell enough #'s even though some claim it was a good bike. They're not really collectable enough as everyone wants the side valve Indian V-twins or the Indian 4's. Still could be cool though...

--Stu

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Duck-Stew said:
Tabo:

That last bike you posted up is a post-WWII Indian parrallel twin. It was Indian's last-stand/attempt to regain it's market share from HD. It didn't work (obviously) as this bike didn't sell enough #'s even though some claim it was a good bike. They're not really collectable enough as everyone wants the side valve Indian V-twins or the Indian 4's. Still could be cool though...

--Stu
Thanks. I may go this route for now:

http://www.mycj750.com/

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
So everyone knows,...Royal Rnfield produced twin cylinder 700cc bikes w/ the Indian badge. This was in an effort to keep the name and product alive. I know, I have a 1958 model. Write me if you need parts, or info for parts. I've been searching for a couple of years.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Duck-Stew said:
Tabo:

--Stu
Yup. Called the Indian Warrior. Influenced by English Bikes, Indian (prematurely?) entered the parallel twin market at 453 cc's, immediately placing themselves at a competiitve disadvantage in the 500cc Class.

1st Race in New Hampshire saw 12 Indian Warriors race prepared by the Factory. All 12 failed during the race, DNF'd. Death of Indian was all over but the shouting.

LJB 8)

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
M3-SRT8 said:
Yup. Called the Indian Warrior. Influenced by English Bikes, Indian (prematurely?) entered the parallel twin market at 453 cc's, immediately placing themselves at a competiitve disadvantage in the 500cc Class.

1st Race in New Hampshire saw 12 Indian Warriors race prepared by the Factory. All 12 failed during the race, DNF'd. Death of Indian was all over but the shouting.

LJB 8)
Hmmmm - looks more like the '49 SCOUT twin that I owned for awhile .....

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts