Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several posts concerning the switch from 15 teeth to 14 teeth, so I thought that I'd give it a try.

The switch took about half an hour and involved removing the clutch slave cylinder. No biggie.

Once everything was buttoned-up, I went for a shakedown ride on my favorite road. It's about eight miles of twisties that pass through rolling farm country. I usually run her hard in third with short bursts in fourth.

With the 14 tooth sprocket I was able to take the entire stretch in fourth, right in the meaty part of the power band. Roll on...roll off. Nice. ;D

I haven't had an opportunity to ride on the Turnpike yet, so I don't know how happy she'll be doing that. If she's not, it's not the end of the world, as I usually use my Triumph Sprint for the long hauls...

I'm pleased with the switch and I recommend it to anyone who uses their Monster mostly around town and/or on back roads.

·
Registered
339 Posts
She'll be really happy on the slab. In 5th you'll be in the meat of the powerband right around 70+ mph. make for a nice commute.

-mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts