Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching through the DML last night and found a post about Nitros on a 620 that ran 140mph! Is this bike still around

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
kopfjager said:
I was searching through the DML last night and found a post about Nitros on a 620 that ran 140mph! Is this bike still around
you're a fool if you believe that story.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
derby said:
you're a fool if you believe that story.
I didn't realize who the post was from (it said guest) until it was pointed out above. The post sounded like a young squid. [laugh] I just wanted to see pics of the set-up

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
No, sorry. JATO rockets :)

Kevin

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Jedi Knight said:
Member Randall had a stock Capirex Edition 620 that would run 140mph with Paris Hilton on the back.

I am not sure who he sold it to.
fixed it for ya.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
...so it's not true? :'(

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
given the correct gearing and enough flatout road and time to get there...feasably a 620 could possibly get to 140mph....you'de probably need a sickeningly small rear sprocket like a 35 tooth or something....and about 5minutes+ pushing towards the top end...and you'de be ragged out from holding on unless you put some sort of decent wind deflection on....

just saying it is possible....I'll agree that is generally isn't likely....but is possible!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Statler said:
Gearing? Power? Pahhhhhh! Just push it out of an airplane. What is terminal velocity for a 620?
with or without the fairing?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
zooom said:
given the correct gearing and enough flatout road and time to get there...feasably a 620 could possibly get to 140mph....you'de probably need a sickeningly small rear sprocket like a 35 tooth or something....and about 5minutes+ pushing towards the top end...and you'de be ragged out from holding on unless you put some sort of decent wind deflection on....

just saying it is possible....I'll agree that is generally isn't likely....but is possible!
not without a LOT Of motor work, slick.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
howie said:
Mathematically possible, in the world of gearing, but nowhere enough power to overcome aerodynamic drag.
yup. [thumbsup]

if anybody bothers to search for the original thread(s) on this subject, it's been hashed, re-hashed, over-hashed, discussed, beat into the ground.

we've had the discussions, done the math. anybody that still thinks it's possible for a 620 can do 140 just doesn't get it.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Like Einstein said, everything is relative. It's absolutely possible for a 620 to do 140 mph if your frame of reference is going 40 mph or so in the opposite direction.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I think a 1000ds will do 140.
The aero drag on monsters is proabably about the same across the model line.
So, if you put enough NO boost to get power levels of a 1000ds,
you could most assuredly run 140mph on a 620.

Of course, with a NO boost of ~+40hp, you'd probably only get one run in before the motor explodes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts