Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just for info for other ducatisti.

I have not been too happy with the sub 4000rpm performance of my Monster 750. It really was poor, the engine felt grumpy and a bit gutless. A jet kit and removed snorkels helped a bit, but not as much as I would have liked.

I had read the a 14 tooth front sprocket would liven things up a bit down there.

Let me tell you this. The 40 bucks (AUD) I spent on the sprocket is the best value performance mod I think in the history of performance mods. I would not have believed such a small thing could make such a big difference to the way the bike feels. It is so much more lively, pulls harder, and feels like (really) it just has more horsepower. The engine spins easier. Sure You have to change into second a little earlier and will lose some top end speed, but who cares.

A number of other Ducati Club VIC (Australia) members said they do it to all their Ducatis - including even the lastest and the greatest superbikes.

All I can say is, if you are running the standard 15 tooth up front, give a 14 tooth a go. I reckon you'll like it.

Greg.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts