Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am debating mounting a 12v outlet on my bike (cigarette lighter) I have seen this done on some enduro bikes to run GPS units and such, and I would like to be able to hook my phone up for it's GPS and such. Any ideas what the ideal power supply would be? should I just run it to the battery, or should it be tapped into something else. I am not much of an electrical genius but I can usually figure pos, neg, ground.
Thanks in advance for any info someone may have

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ran one to the battery. The only thing you have to be weary of is that it stays powered when something is plugged in even with the bike off, so you can't leave things plugged in. If you want it to shut off with the bike you need to connect it to basically anything else, like the leads of any light or something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very helpful both of you, I will be attempting this soon and will photo the steps for anyone else who may be interested

·
Registered
168 Posts
I purchased a cigarette lighter plug from Powerlet which plugs in to the battery tender lead.

If you don't have a battery tender lead on your bike, you really should consider one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts