Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the Group and can use some suggestions to replace stock side view mirrors. I purchased the CRG LS.2 3in Round Folding Mirrors but the 7/8 OD Steel Handlebar Internal Adaptor does not fit. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
New to the Group and can use some suggestions to replace stock side view mirrors. I purchased the CRG LS.2 3in Round Folding Mirrors but the 7/8 OD Steel Handlebar Internal Adaptor does not fit. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
I recently posted about this topic 2 weeks ago when I got my lane splitter mirrors. http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-1200/302057-help-crg-lane-splitter-mirrors-4.html

Basically the 2014 bar ends measured about 14mm and the shims(?) measure about 16mm, so they will never fit. I ended up just installing them without the shims and did some test rides making sure they were secure....and so far so good. Sorry the pictures rotated when i uploaded, not sure how to correct that.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
Thanks for the reply! So far I'm unable to find any adaptors smaller than 7/8. Rizoma has some that will fit, but then I'm gonna have to buy their mirrors too and that's like $350 just for the mirrors! No thanks! I can mount the left side mirror using the stock adaptor because I have room, but there is no room on the throttle side without an adaptor. It also looks like you found a solution to replace the stock mirrors? Obviously the stock bolt it too long once the mirrors are removed. Also, I'm reading stuff about the right side mirror that it's threaded opposite to remove? Thanks for the help and pix!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I recently posted about this topic 2 weeks ago when I got my lane splitter mirrors. http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums/ducati-monster-1200/302057-help-crg-lane-splitter-mirrors-4.html

Basically the 2014 bar ends measured about 14mm and the shims(?) measure about 16mm, so they will never fit. I ended up just installing them without the shims and did some test rides making sure they were secure....and so far so good. Sorry the pictures rotated when i uploaded, not sure how to correct that.
I had the 20 dollar version of these on my bike for a couple of seasons (they look the same, just don't fold in). They were great for seeing everything behind you with the convex lens. I switched them out for "better" ones that do look better, but I'm thinking of going back to the cheapy ones because I could see so much better behind me with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for the reply! So far I'm unable to find any adaptors smaller than 7/8. Rizoma has some that will fit, but then I'm gonna have to buy their mirrors too and that's like $350 just for the mirrors! No thanks! I can mount the left side mirror using the stock adaptor because I have room, but there is no room on the throttle side without an adaptor. It also looks like you found a solution to replace the stock mirrors? Obviously the stock bolt it too long once the mirrors are removed. Also, I'm reading stuff about the right side mirror that it's threaded opposite to remove? Thanks for the help and pix!
The adapters I used are the 7/8s, as in the other thread the description of the product to is work with 12mm-19mm, so I'm assuming you don't use the shims (which don't fit our bikes) for 12-15mm, then the shims are used for 16-19mm. Went to local Lowes and couldn't find much to replace mirror bolts, ended up just using some .50 cent rubber grommets and thread locked the bolts. Not the cleanest but since they're black I don't notice them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts