Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
ME ME ME huh? Not Ducati? Not their design? I just picked up the 16' R a week ago. No need to act like a f**king douche. I asked if anyone had bypassed the ABS module. I know how to bleed brakes. 10+ years of track days and racing. Over 30 riding. Yes, heat plays into it. Yes the stock fluid is weak. Apparently you did not bypass the ABS module. Anybody else got 2 cents to toss in?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Motul 660F finally put this issue to rest...going on the full season with one bleed...brake still works

Once the abs is purged....up the quality of fluid...should be good to go ..errr... stop

·
Registered
363 Posts
I am definitley going to flush it out with Motul. I will say however, when I purchased my 14' 1200S brand new it almost immediately went soft. Dealer "fixed it" then it again went soft. There was not enough miles to heat cycle the fluid enough to break it down. I agree that heat will cause brakes to loose pressure. We used to flush our fluids out every 3 track days or race weekends and never had a problem. Those were japanese bikes however. Italian bikes are always a love/hate relationship.

I still want to bypass the ABS. Just need to get the proper length and order one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
10 years of track days and 30 years riding and you still can't sort out your rear brake. Im not being a dooch, but seriously you still can't permanently fix a spongy rear brake. Really???

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am definitley going to flush it out with Motul. I will say however, when I purchased my 14' 1200S brand new it almost immediately went soft. Dealer "fixed it" then it again went soft. There was not enough miles to heat cycle the fluid enough to break it down. I agree that heat will cause brakes to loose pressure. We used to flush our fluids out every 3 track days or race weekends and never had a problem. Those were japanese bikes however. Italian bikes are always a love/hate relationship.

I still want to bypass the ABS. Just need to get the proper length and order one.
I think your asking for trouble bypassing the abs...it locks up way to easy...

Same experience on my m821...rear brake went to zero within the first few rides...then it was a few years of troubleshooting and exploring others experiences...I could keep it taught for 2 mo. Then...zero...couldn't justify the cost for expensive fluid given how quickly I went through it...but it's been one and done since the switch...Purge the abs...make the swap...and be done with it........forever

·
Registered
363 Posts
I spent 10 years on race tracks without ABS. Never needed it. But I will definitely give the Motul a shot. I would prefer a manufacturer build proper equipment out the gate!

I think your asking for trouble bypassing the abs...it locks up way to easy...

Same experience on my m821...rear brake went to zero within the first few rides...then it was a few years of troubleshooting and exploring others experiences...I could keep it taught for 2 mo. Then...zero...couldn't justify the cost for expensive fluid given how quickly I went through it...but it's been one and done since the switch...Purge the abs...make the swap...and be done with it........forever

·
Registered
363 Posts
That would be nice.
If it makes you feel better, both my 1st gen and 2nd gen Tuonos had the same issue. It's not just Ducati.
My 13' RSV4 was chocked full of easter eggs. If Ducati is the Ford of Italy, then Aprilia is the Dodge. LOL.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh, I see the issue clearly now! Damn sorry MATE, I did not realize I was conversing with a retard. My apologies.
So if a retard can permanently fix the problem of the spongy rear brake, what does that make you? And for the fix, you want to bypass the ABS module 😂😂😂😂 and Im the retard 😂😂😂😂
Gosh, I havent laughed so much. Oh, and you've been riding for 30 years and tracking for 10. Jesus Christ, it just keeps getting funnier 😂😂😂😂

Hey, do you know how to put air in your tyres?

·
Registered
363 Posts
ABS is ****. That’s the reason to bypass the module. Ducati is the root cause. You are really stretching with your responses. Which is incredible considering the level of inbreeding down under.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If I were unfortunate enough to end up owning an abs bike, making it go away would probably be one of the first things on the list. Bypassing it physically would be simple enough. Just finding a way around the electronics and never ending warning lights and error messages would be the challenging part. But I'm sure it's possible. And for the record, I don't believe starting a discussion about deleting the abs out of personal preference and permanently resolving certain issues is the same as, or equivalent to coming on here and pleading for help because someone has no idea how braking systems work, or how to bleed and maintain them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ABS is ****. That’s the reason to bypass the module. Ducati is the root cause. You are really stretching with your responses. Which is incredible considering the level of inbreeding down under.
In breeding thats a classic, considering its your country that ****ed up with Corona and Australia has only a few cases. Must be the extra intelligence caused by inbreeding.

ABS can be turned off via by customising the rider modes.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Exactly. It’s unfortunate some people seem only entertained by running their mouths and acting like toddlers. Anyway, I am going to pursue replacing the brake line setup, bypassing the ABS module. I honestly can’t see how it will cause any codes. Leave fluid in the module and bolt the module closed. I will keep the front functioning.
If I were unfortunate enough to end up owning an abs bike, making it go away would probably be one of the first things on the list. Bypassing it physically would be simple enough. Just finding a way around the electronics and never ending warning lights and error messages would be the challenging part. But I'm sure it's possible. And for the record, I don't believe starting a discussion about deleting the abs out of personal preference and permanently resolving certain issues is the same as, or equivalent to coming on here and pleading for help because someone has no idea how braking systems work, or how to bleed and maintain them.

·
Registered
746 Posts
It's not the ABS,
It's not the heat from the exhaust,
It's not the fluid's boiling point,
And Yes it is Ducati's fault.
It's the poor quality banjo connection on the rear brake line.
Read post #23

If you're not ready to go the whole nine yards to replace the line, bleeding properly once per year with Motul 600 may help.
Bypassing the ABS that involve changing the faulty brake line may also help although that may trigger fault codes, CE lights and whatnot's.

Reactions: hyperspd7

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's not the ABS,
It's not the heat from the exhaust,
It's not the fluid's boiling point,
And Yes it is Ducati's fault.
It's the poor quality banjo connection on the rear brake line.
Read post #23

If you're not ready to go the whole nine yards, bleeding properly once per year with Motul 600 may help.
Bypassing the ABS that involve changing the faulty brake line may also help although that may trigger fault codes, CE lights and whatnot's.
Yep I read through the entire thread. I'm confident the ABS system won't fault as the sensor will continue to contain fluid and be capped. But, I am going to try the thread tape and Motul fluid regardless. My Hypermotard has the same brake setup (08 1100S), but no ABS. Zero issues on that bike. I more enjoy the simplicity of no nannies. When I rode the most aggressive in my life we had no TC, ABS Yaw sensors etc. TC was your right hand. This is why I love my Hyper.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still no recall notice for my 2015 1200s. Pretty disappointing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The rear brake on a Ducati Monster 1200 is simply a brake light switch. I've bled, changed fluid, replaced the pads with a more aggressive compound, scuffed the rotor with a Scotch-Brite pad and I've come to understand that on flat ground at a complete stop if I clamp on the rear brake the bike will probably not begin to roll away. In the end I've learned to front-brake like a demon!
What this guy said...

61 - 80 of 117 Posts