Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for the first ride on my 2019 1200 S since bringing it home a couple of weeks ago. The handling and overall performance is great, considering I'm still in break in mode. The only issue I'm having is positioning in the seat. The angle of the seat tends to push me up against the tank, and I'm having a hard time getting any grip on the seat. The perforated surface seems really slippery compared to other bikes I've had. I'm using the high (standard) position, and even tried removing the rear blocks under the seat as I've read in some threads, though I can't see how that would help much since the seat latch seems to limit how low the rear of the seat can drop. I'm considering adding some techspec material to the tank for some grip, but hate to ruin the lines of the tank/bike. Some people mention the touring seat is a little flatter, but I already feel like I'm sitting pretty tall on the bike. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check your sag numbers in the rear...my m821 had the rear set really high from the factory....the pitch drove me right into the tank...and nevermind the tank slappers above 90mph
Good point, I can see this contributing to the problem. Will check that out, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts