Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got word that I will get my 'S' in the 1st container load. And finally got a price, but no real word on when. April / May is the best I have, anyone got anything better?

Dean.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dealer yesterday said that they have the VIN numbers for the 1200 model, so that apparently means they have at least left the factory, and possibly on a boat, but nothing yet on the 1200'S model.

Giving that my 2014 BMW 1200 GS took 3 and a half months from on the boat in Germany to in my hands in Melbourne, I am not expecting my 1200'S to be here this side of June at the earliest. :(

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woo Hoo, it is at the wharf in Sydney and expected to be at my dealer here in Vic on Monday. Couple of days to uncrate and assemble it, should be riding it next Friday.

Had a look at the regular 1200 at the dealers today. Not happy about the rear wheel hugger mudguard thingy, not on any photos, and the dealer suspects it is an ADR requirement. Suspect it will be easy to unbolt.......Also the rear indicators look a little odd.....hard to tell if they have been changed as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Deano,

Went down to Ducati city yesterday and checked out the 1200S. That rear hugger is disgusting, fortunately you have the option of a shorter version either over the rear tyre (like the Diavel) or mounted similar to the 1100EVO. I've had one on order since late last year but cancelled delivery until the next shipment. Their are certain things that are not that appealing (radiator looks massive from the front, rear sets and pegs are a little daggy) but one things for sure..it is a beast. Would love to see it with gold wheels though!

Let me know how things go for you once you get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts