Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

501 - 509 of 509 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm getting the same problem. I installed my EVO a couple weeks ago and my check engine light comes on from time to time. I don't notice any difference but it makes me nervous that there is a problem.

Have you found out any info on this?
Where you able to get anywhere on this? I want to get a RapidBike for my M1200 but would rather not have any check engine lights because of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'm getting the same problem. I installed my EVO a couple weeks ago and my check engine light comes on from time to time. I don't notice any difference but it makes me nervous that there is a problem.

Have you found out any info on this?
Where you able to get anywhere on this? I want to get a RapidBike for my M1200 but would rather not have any check engine lights because of it.
I took my bike to the dealer and told them what was going on. They basically said the computer is learning to work with the rapid bike. Not sure how much I believe that but in any case, the light is only on for a few seconds and there isn't any indication of a problem. No codes either. Someday soon I plan on trying to contact Rapid Bike and see if there is an update to upload. Other than the light occasionally coming on the bike runs great since its been installed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Interesting question. Many on this forum think no wind protection is needed at all. If you want a windscreen here are the currently available alternatives, most of which are only slightly larger than the instrument cluster:
- Factory Ducati bikini fairing used on the Stripe and Monster R models (pretty small)
- Bikini accessory screen from Ducati Performance (very small)
- Givi A660 plexiglass screen ("universal" design to fit many bikes; large but very vertical; doesn't fit the Monster design very well)
- Shift-tech carbon fiber (nice but quite small)
- Puig Racing Screen for Monster 821/1200 (like the Givi, in plexiglass and not specifically designed for the Monsters)

Ducati most likely won't be making anything larger/more effective for the Monster line - they don't feel a fairing matches the purpose of the bikes (maybe they think you should buy a Multistrada). I know, as I asked Ducati NA and they queried Ducati Italy about this issue. I'd love to create a stylish, functional small fairing for these bikes, but to do it right takes more investment monies than I have right now and, quite frankly, I'm skeptical about the potential sales volume even if one were great looking and priced right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for the reply... yeah... I didn't think I needed it but after riding a couple of times, I feel like I'm tucking more than I wanted just to not feel the wind (freeway riding)... I do want a small profile but useful windscreen.... or maybe I should just ride the darn thing and quit complaining? lol

·
Registered
218 Posts
No, DA, I agree with you - this bike needs a good-looking, functional windscreen available and there is nothing on the market currently that fits the bill, IMHO. Riding any distance in the wind at speed is too tiring and not everyone wants (or can afford) a new Multistrada. i always liked the small 1/4 fairings that came on the early Monsters.

501 - 509 of 509 Posts