Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 1100 and I'm installing the Puig wind screen. To install I need to replace the two screws used to clamp the instrument assembly to the front forks. Puig provides replacements that are longer and used to mount the screen. Unfortunately, Puig does not provide a troque value for tightening the new bolts. Does anyone have a service manual to look up the original torque values?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback. I was looking through some online info for the torque value. I think the bolt is the top yoke pinch bolt. The bolt is a M8 which seems to correspond with the top yoke pinch bolt. (I circled the bolt on the second picture below) Does that sound right? I would have thought it would have had a higher torque spec, more like 20 Nm. Here are some pictures. I just picked up the bike today.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I thought it would be more also. Rechecked and top yolk bolt, m8 10 Nm.
Nice bike! I like the white on red frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information. The bike is the matte silver with red frame. I had just started looking for a new bike when I found a dealer with a 2009 laying around willing to deal. Next thing you know, I am riding my first Ducati home.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got a copy of the service manual and it says the top yoke bolts should be tightened to 24 Nm. I am not sure why we have a discrepancy, but 24 Nm is is closer to what I was expecting. I just wanted to mention this in case someone looked it up in the thread later.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry, I screwed this up. I was looking in the wrong section for torque values.

What I looked up was "Screw securing headlight support plate to top yoke" I should have referenced "Clamp screws securing top yoke to forks"

Hopefully this did not cause you a problem. I did state that I felt the 10Nm was low....

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts