Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone answer or point me to a thread regarding this. I have an 1100 and want to know at what rpm everyone tends to ride at. It seems if it is below 4000-5000 it's not nearly as smooth. Is this range hard on the engine? I'm used to cars which seem to run at much lower rpm's. What is too much for this bike? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I found that anything under 3500 rpm would lug the motor and I'd need to slip the clutch a bit (depending on the speed). As far as the top end goes, I tended to follow the break-in recommendations as best I could, but the motor revs so quick its easy to exceed the suggested limits if you are passing. Ive got just under 2000 miles now, and I comfortably use as much of the rev range between 3500 and redline as needed. I also switched to a T-14 front sprocket which helped with lower speeds (I deal with traffic alot, now I dont have to slip the clutch quite as much).

Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have a 42T DP rear sprocket and 15T drilled front sprocket.

i never ride below 3,000 rpm. most of the time the engine spins between 4k and 6k, unless i'm really gunning it between gears.

she'll lift the front wheel if i launch at 3k... :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
DP steering damper and DP bar end weights. rock steady and no handlebar vibes at 121mph. considerable wind, though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts