Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size socket is needed to remove the front sproket on an 1100?

and

Which direction to loosen nut, CW or CCW?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Cannot recall what size ( probably 8 or 10 mm), but it is righty tighty -lefty loosy, so CCW to answer your question. Make sure the bike is in gear and remove the two bolts. Slacken the chain tension via loosening the rear and it slips off. This of course is after removing the 2 screws holding down the sprocket cover. Use threadlocker when installing new one. Drive a nail into garage wall and hang old sprocket!

BTW, Your model has two bolts holding the sprocket not the center mounted like I think you are anticipating.

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
32mm nut

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I have the 1100. The picture doesn't look like my bike. I have a 32mm nut around what is labeled #11. I've not been able to remove this nut. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have assumed the 1100 was the same as the 696. When I looked up the sprockets, they were the same part number, but the reference I used may be incorrect.

Sometimes with the larger center nut, an impact gun helps to get this off. If you dont have one, try to break it off with a breaker bar. You need leverage and a quick motion downward to get it loose. Make sure the bike is in gear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have problems changing my front sprocket as well..

The m1100 doesnt have two screws next to the center like showed in that picture..

I had my bike in first gear and tried to remove it, but it didnt move an inch..

Think i might let the dealer handle the swap..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts