Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be converting my stock headlight to a round version. Always liked the look of the old Monster headlight better. Found a nice kit from LSL but I'm unsure of the correct fork diameter for the mounting bracket and my bike is in winter storage. Does anyone know what the diameter of the fork is above the triple?

Thanks,

-jb

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
I believe 43mm is the inner diameter and outside is either 50 or 53mm. I'm trying to figure this out for possible clip on mode. Anyone aware of the outside diameter of the 1100 evo's fork?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Going to be converting my stock headlight to a round version. Always liked the look of the old Monster headlight better. Found a nice kit from LSL but I'm unsure of the correct fork diameter for the mounting bracket and my bike is in winter storage. Does anyone know what the diameter of the fork is above the triple?

Thanks,

-jb
Bunner74 - I really like your headlight upgrade. I have the Monster EVO too and I found the LSL light and wanted to know which diameter fork clamp to get? Which mm did you go with?

Also, I'm digging your high-mount pipes you did!! Those Spark? What under seat mount did you use or where can I buy? What mm are those pipes? I have termignoni cans that I love and was hoping to use the Spark curved pipes to mount my termignoni under seat.

Any help would be huge.. thasks!
David

·
Registered
131 Posts
43mm is the outer diameter of the LOWER stanchions, and the inner diameter of the uppers.
Cobra88 is totally correct about the external taper between upper and lower triple trees.
Been through it myself, except I didn't waste $AU800 or more on a kit.
I bought this: http://www.max-inc.com.au/7-7-gloss-black-universal-metal-classic-headlight-dot-approved/
some 52/53mm headlight brackets from this page http://www.max-inc.com.au/headlight-brackets/
and made my own instrument bracket out of 5mm alloy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice find Alan! Looks sharp... good to see how it looks with chrome rim as well. did you mount your indicator/blinkers lights to the new brackets?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have installed Ducabike clip-ons on my Evo.
They are fitting well and are very similar to the Ducati Performance ones.
I can confirm it's definitely 50mm.

Here is a link to a post I wrote with some pics of my bike (the black Evo) on a french forum. There are many pics of clip-ons and round headlights on this thread, so I guess it's worth a look even for you native english speaking ppl. Feel free to ask if you need some translations.

http://www.thenewmonsterz.org/t8774p650-bracelets-demi-guidons-pour-796

·
Registered
131 Posts
Headlights don't go where clip-ons go, so while it is 50mm up by the top yoke, it's 54 by the time you get to the bottom yoke. You can see the taper in your pics. So, if buying headlight brackets 50mm will be too small.

You'll find you need headlight brackets to fit 52/53mm forks. (Unless you really are going to mount your headlight right at the top.)

I admit, I did shift mine higher after at first being half way between fork yokes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts