Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The sun was shining when i got a call from my local ducati dealer that my m1100 ABS was ready for me to pick it up! brand new 0 km's on the clock.

Only this morning when i drove away the speedo still saying 0 km, also i noticed the abs light was on!.and the speedo stayed on 0 km/h ..so i went back to the dealer, they have no idea, tried to hook it up to their system to read the ECU out.. bike model not in there as it was too new (can a bike be to new for a dealer?) also my headlights suddenly went off and didn't want to turn back on, only when the mechanic disconnected and reconnected the cabling the (power pilot xenon) lights started working again .....weird!!

Probably there is a problem with the ECU/Speed sensors and i had to leave it there..but you won't believe this Ducati switched to SAP 1 month ago for their warehousing program it seems that orders can take up 2 to 3 MONTHS to be delivered !

What a day........I wished I never ....

Bike back in the shop.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm i wished it was this simple ( I am in Europe btw) the problem currently is that they dont know whats wrong AND they dont have any spare parts.... so not sure how long this is going to take to either get the right software for their diagnose machines and find out whats wrong, then they need to order it in Italy... :-( :-(

I think it will not take long for the US will also have major delivery delays i expect..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good news, after exchanging all the parts of a another 1100 (from a customer ) they found the issue. The negative pole on the ABS pump was lose, therefore the circuit was not good and the speedo (and possible other things) where not not working.

But FIXED now !! post pic's tomorrow ... so note if you buy a 1100 / 696 with ABS and you have no speed readout, the mass cable is not connected on the ABS pump.

I love Q.C. NOT !!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
And here it is ..

Mods.. handlebar riser; ASV pazzo's, Rizoma Elise mirrors, Rizoma handles, Ducati Performance slippery clutch; Carbon Racing exhausts, frame sliders, pilot xenon light, short tail.

To come white tankcovers carbon fiber monoseat (DP)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts