Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with Termis!

Cleeek!!!

Monster content: I have now waited since 25-Dec-06 and will have to wait until AT LEAST 2-Jan-07 to install those Termis my wife bought me for Christmas because I am out of town. That makes a sad Jedi :(

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
...especially the little hand signal at the end... ::)

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
superjohn said:
That sound though, still makes me feel all funny inside [thumbsup]
Like the shocker?

;D

Kevin

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
you guy are killing me. i still need to get my first Monster and can't start lusting after a new 1098. sheesh, this just isn't fair. ;D

great vid. makes me feel all funny inside too. ;D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The bark of Satan distilled into a motorbike. Sounds a lot like my 916, kind of hard-edged and raucous.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Duke Dave said:
I wonder how hard it would be to get that digital Dash on my S4Rs.
I was wondering the same thing!!!

Don't know about you guys but I at least wait to rev my bike until the "LO" has stopped flashing. The Bikes does sound very mean. Can't wait to see it at the end of this month!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Black S4Rs said:
---------------snip-------------
Don't know about you guys but I at least wait to rev my bike until the "LO" has stopped flashing.
---------------snip-------------
Your rockers, cams, and rods will appreciate that. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
In South Florida, even in the winter, it takes a full 15 minutes for the LO to indicate temp. If I waited that long to ride my bike each day, I think I'd chew my fingers off.

I wait about 3 minutes, then start blipping the throttle to get the oil pumping and then take off but just ride slow until the LO has gone. It warms up faster while moving.

Here's where I lucked out. The same time I bought my S2R1000, I was tossing it up between the 749 and the Monster. I chose the Monster, and good thing I did.

What if I would have paid 14,500.00 for the 749 only to find out 6 months later that I can get the 1098 for the same price and now my 749 isn't worth squat.

I would have flippped. So, I'm glad I made the right choice there. Wew!!!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
DarkJedi said:
The Ducati team (Ben's) lightly blips the throttle to warm up their bikes before runs. I've seen them do it.
That's fine for a Testastretta, but don't do it on a desmoquattro. It takes 90 seconds for the oil to reach the heads on a cold start due to the (rather poor) design of the oilways. It's part of the rocker-arm problem - poor oiling to the heads combined with crappy chrome.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts